Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

to clean or not to clean...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by holysmokes, Dec 23, 2008.

1. #1 holysmokes, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    in april i got a new spoon pipe from my dad (birthday present) and im not sure if i should clean it or not. he said not to clean the bowl or inside of the stem because the resin buildup keeps ash from flying into my mouth. it is true, at first i got alll sorts of ash in my mouth but the more i used it the less came out. im not sure if thats because i learned how to hit/pack it right or not, tho. anyway, i havent smoked in forever, and i recently cleaned it out completely because i got bored. it looks beautiful (i used to think it was ugly) and im not sure if i should keep it clean or let the resin build up again. anyone got any advice?

this is what he looks like clean

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/41453/ppuser/129483

2. its true, but i'd still think you would want to clean it occasionally. Or just keep it there for when you're low on weed smoke a resin ball. (note - not everyone enjoys smoking resin)

3. thanks. idk, i might just get a glass screen for it, tho, its so pretty when its clean.
    about the resin, is it worth saving resin when you clean it if you know weed might be scarce? i know its nasty, but its better than crack lol

4. I would deff get a screen. Glass or the cheep ones at the gas stations, either will keep any ash from going into your mouth/lungs and is very very worth it. This way you can clean your piece every now and then too. Nothing is better then hitting a freshly cleaned piece, the hits will be so much cleaner then if you let it get ass nasty.

As for resin, its pretty hard to collect the residue inside the actuall stem n shit as far as I know. You can scrape the bowl itself that will work. But smoking resin is shitty and most people dont enjoy it, it taste like complete shit. I personally would not smoke it even if I was dry but I know other people would smoke it without thinking twice. Try it once and see if you hate it or dont mind it.

5. Clean that out cuz.

Then pack it with some dank nugs.
    :)

6. ALOT of resin builds u in the bowl and under the bowl inside the piece, and resin hits dont bother me too much. al i need is a glass of pepsi and im str8:hello:

7. To me it's not worth it. It hurts my lungs, and gives me a headache.. and i rarely even get a buzz. But apparently some people get "really high" off of it.

8. i think how dank the weed is is what affects the bullshit to thc ratio. im sure some deathweed makes very smokable resin, while mids-lower end dank might not.

idk, im just speculating

9. Why not use a screen?