To chop or not to chop.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Atmo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Second grow, I'm not sure if she's ready for harvest or not yet... I'm kind of biting my nails debating on chopping or waiting.

Unknown strain. Long flower cycle, though! Full organic grow

Currently day 63-64 (week 9). Most pistils are brown, still have a bunch of white and green ones, though. What gets me the most is there are these little bunches of curled up green pistils on a bunch of the colas. Not sure if this was due to the nanners (unfortunately had a few of them...), strain, simply not being ready for harvest, etc.

Trichomes: some areas are 50% amber, but it seems like the majority of her trich's are still cloudy/clear. Really depends on where I look. If I had to guess, I would say maybe 75% cloudy/clear (looks like most are fairly clear) on the big main colas. Hard to say, though, and hard to capture in photos. I will take a better, more thorough look soon (just currently working) and try to see cloudy/amber percentage.

Could anyone here give me a second set of eyes and some experience? Should I chop her or wait? What do you guys think?

Here is an album (link to see on imgur) I tried to get a few through the loupe but I can take more if needed! The amber trich's don't seem to show up as well in photos, but here are a bunch of pictures:

If you guys need more photos through the loupe I can provide that soon, just need to finish work first. I took these last night.

Thank you so much!

2. Yeah I took another look with various loupes. It's hard to tell cloudy from clear but I'd say it's like 25% or so amber, mostly near the top (way more amber at the top), 75% cloudy and/or clear... I would imagine they're mostly cloudy though.. a couple of the cola leaves are starting to die off so i think she's at her end anyway.. I think I'll chop her tonight. There are enough obvious amber and cloudy trichs to justify it, plus the 64 day flower period I think I'm good to go. Only concern is the amount of clear trichs (I think? I am leaning more toward the cloudy side though) but I'd prefer the speedy heady high to couch lock anyway so I think it's worth it to me.

Sorry just rambling but yeah I think she's looking done to me.