To chop or not to chop?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KamelRedLight, Oct 12, 2006.

1. This is day 61 of flowering for my bagseed plant. I've been watching the trichomes under 60x magnification and they tell me "harvest", but the plant itself tells me "wait".
    Trichomes are mostly cloudy with a couple still clear and some amber. Most would say harvest right?
    But the buds themselves were still growing! I didn't notice much today, but the past couple days new growth was coming out of every bud, with fresh white hairs. I know hair color isn't the best indicator, but for my last indica dominant grow, hairs were about 80% at harvest. Right now they're probly about 50%, and no brown hairs at the top of the buds.

I am out of smoke and yield looks great as it is, what do you think fellow growers, harvest or not?

2. personally i would harvest 80% cloudy to 20% amber is a general common preference, even if there are new hairs coming out i rather not risk it, you could possibly wait till the last window chance which is 50% cloudy to 50% amber but than you'll be kissing the couch

3. Good point. Anyone else?

What about this: I hear a lot about extra darkness right before harvest giving some extra yield. What if I throw her in the dark now, after only 6 hrs of light, and harvest tomorrow? Make her finish growing cuz she seems to want to, without risking overripening the buds. Make sense to anyone else?

4. Harvest when the trichomes look right for you. It's up to you, depends what kind of high you want to get. If you want more of a couchlock kind of high wait a little longer, up to you :p
    Anyways, enjoy your smoke!

5. Harvest the branches that are ready and leave the ones with new growth. You don't have to chop the tree all at once.

6. They're all still growing, that's the problem. I went ahead and turned out the lights till tomorrow when I'll harvest, since I'm off to class for the night. The buds are definitely ripe, and the yield looks great as is, so I'm not gonna risk ruining my high for a little extra weight. I'm more of a sativa lover, I like my trichomes cloudy. Thanks for all your input. Check out my journal (2nd one) tomorrow for the pics!