To big for LST??

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DJBT, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Is this plant too big for LST training? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. personally... not tall enough. Need some room between nodes.

3. It's almost weeks. Should I give it a few more?

4. Sorry. 5 weeks.

5. it needs to be taller so u can tie somewhere near the top and pull down and bend it

6. Wait until you get like 2 or 3 more layers on there, some say wait until after pre-flowering but I started mine like a week before pre-flowers showed.

7. I wait till I get my 4th node myself. put the light higher to make it stretch abit.
    Also do you have a fan on it to make stem strong like bull?

8. If the lights are on a fans on. Could build a tree fort in there! I might just stick with a "normal" plant. First one so I don't wanna mess it up. Is LST really worth it?

9. yes, i had a 135w blackstar led with about 5 23 cfls and i pulled just over 2 ounces and i did lst. it wont hurt the plant if u are careful and it adds great light penetration. i would look into the sticky on lst....i will find it and edit my post

http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/924509-closer-look-lst-picture-guide.html

10. It helps promote growth in the lower sections over the top so the plants spread and get bushy. You can't really screw it up unless you bend the plant to far but I highly doubt your that dumb and clumsy to do that. You basically just want to pull the plant to the side so the light reaches the bottom better, and you almost trick the plant into thinking the bottom is the top so it sprouts a bunch of growth down there.

11. I just put a 12" plant on it's side, I don't think your 2" plant is overgrown

if anything, it may be too small

12. Thanks for the info. I might give it a day to rest as I was bending it around abit (over anxious) then maybe raise the lights to get more hight. Then ill give it a go.

13. I don't suggest bending by hand, tie it up with some rope. I use some small hemp rope I got at the hydro shop.

14. That has been growing for 5 weeks? I think you got bigger problems than lst atm, get her some food!

15. image-2297646444.jpg

How's that lookin?

16. Looks like you have a deficiency starting. I would check the guide, it's most likely due to Ph as long as you have some decent nutrients.

17. The ph is too high. I just got a ph testing kit. Should I flush it or just adjusts the water ph and water it?

18. I've been using my tap water and I just found out a few days ago the ph is 8. I've started using FF Big Grow at 1/8 strength than 1/4 strength with just a straight water in between those two feedings. That's where it stands now.

19. Well when you fed it you were probably okay because my water is 7 and when I mix up the fox farms at half strength I have to add Ph up to get it to 7 again. I would say make sure you set your water to 7 from now on and the next feeding mix the nutes as close as you can to 6.3-6.5 and then just keep nutes and watering neutral at 7 from then on.

What are you using for soil? If it's FF Ocean Forest that is preset at the proper Ph so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get it back to where it needs to be.

20. Soil is an enriched potting mix with added dolomite lime and 25% perlite. Does the lime help stabilize the soil at around 7? Thanks for your help btw.