Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To anyone in the UK

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by inb4bud, Jul 9, 2012.

1. #1 inb4bud, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    xx

2. I'm pretty sure that glass thing was mostly a few years back. It's definately not 95% of the weed we buy, or I would have smoked a fuck load of glass by now.

3. Some people just don't have time/patience/room whatever it may be to set up a grow, all you gotta do is know what your buying and who you're buying it from and your weed will be just fine

4. Thats true, although will the person your buying it from wont say:
    "Oh yh, i laced it with fine glass, you wont feel a thing extra, just used it to weight it down abit"

5. a lot of weed here might be sprayed with chemicals etc but not fine glass ive never encountered that - also consider yourself lucky most people in glasgow do like 1.4 for 20
    Also how would you get by the police helicopters they patrol a lot and every one has a thermal imaging camera so if your house looks too hot theyll put your door in

6. £10 a gram is pretty standard man. Don't get me wrong you can get better easily but £20 for 2.5 in London ain't too bad.

Eighth is just slang for £20 worth anyhows.

Oh course it would be ideal if I could grow. Give me another year or two then I'll start.

7. #7 inb4bud, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    xx

8. I'd rather have a decriminalisation rather than a legalisation scheme. ;)

Has the down-grade happened here in the UK then? I heard speculation but no stone-evidence.

9. Lol, I'm not stupid enough to buy weed in london. I live in a wealthy part of the country where all the dank goes because people can afford it.

10. If you're buying from somebody who respects you and you respect them and you have some history why would they put glass in your weed? And if it disturbs you so much look at it with a magnifying glass or filter it

11. Yo man i'm residing in UK right now and that glass thing is shit! It started a few years back where in some areas they found big time dealers had put powdered glass for weight! I have never received laced bud or glass bud. I have been offered cannabis that was laced with PCP or cocaine or some shit but it will usually cost 2 or 3 times more.

It is true that in the UK, the quality of weed is a lot worse than of a lot of America. Frankly because there are so many secret grow operations hidden in small family households. Busts go on everyday all over the country. They have seriously upped they technology and ball-busting-power! :smoke: You will tend to find shitty weed from dealers who sell 10 bags and 20 bags. 10 bag = 1 Shitty gram.

OP: When you get a '10' that is a 10 bag which is 1 gram. You are being ripped off by getting 0.7, ideally you should be getting 1.1g/1.2g for £10. When you want 1.7g, that is known as a 'Teenth' which is short for 'Sixteenth' (because it's half of an eighth!)

You understand now? ;) :D :smoke:

However you are right about the slightly lenient laws on growing. 1 or 2 plants will be a fine and a slap on the wrist! ;) I tend to grow 1 or 2 plants in my room at a time to keep me supplied.

OP: Go and ask your dealer for a 'teenth' or half-eighth and you SHOULD get 1.75g for £12.50.

Good luck to you sir.

Peace!

12. There are a few simple tricks to check. Gently dab a nug on your tongue, and then move your tongue around your mouth and if you feel gritty stuff like sand then you most likely have glass.

You could also try tapping it onto a table and see if any glass comes off. But that depends if the dealer did a shitty job. ;)

13. Im not saying your buddy will be the one to put glass in it. It can be the people he buys it off (Unless its homegrown)

What they do (I know people who used to do this), when its about 2 - 3 weeks into flowering, they pour ground glass over it, not too much, but its there. Then the bud grows around it, etc, when put in a grinder looks like trichomes.

14. I dont really see this laced/glassed weed or whatever anywhere. I've probably bought weed off 20+ different people in past few years, all of differing quality, most I have known what I'm getting before hand; and It has never been laced. These 20 people are situated all around the country too, so that would up the likelihood.

Basically if you're from the UK and buy weed frequently, then you should know .8-1.2 for £10 is standard for decent-to-top quality weed and that £20 will usually get you anywhere from 1.8-2.5g again usually good-to-top quality weed. This is pretty much common knowledge and has been similar for a few years now.

15. I also dont agree with Maximillien about the quality of the weed in the US either, but that gap will be widening with the use of weed as medicine as it gets more and more accepted, and growers can try out things more freely.

The quality of weed in the UK is without a doubt there if you look in the right places. I have never smoked weed from the US but some of the weed I've have got from dealers here in the UK puts most of the weed sold in coffeeshops in Amsterdam to shame, obviously that is not the case the majority of the time, but I can say on very few occasions have I bought poor or even poor-ish quality weed when I didnt expect to.

The only problem I have with weed in the UK is the frequency of cheese, I've had enough cheese to last me a lifetime.

16. "Probably Laced, I can garuntee what you buy is 95% of the time laced with fine glass.
    And the fact that its a rip off. Well in London it is, its £20 for a "So called" 1/8th, which should be 3.5, but most places its 2.5.
    A "So called" 10's (1/16) should be 1.7g, but its 0.7."

Sorry, but that's bullshit, I live pretty much right next to london (Kent) and i've NEVER gotten laced weed in my 3 years of tokin'.

£10 a gram is not bad actually, about $15 which is average for most Americans, I believe.

And a "10s" is £10's worth, a gram.

No personal feelings though bro <3

17. 95% of bud in UK is laced with fine glass? give me a break man.
    It may be a rip from the people you buy from but don't give UK bud a terrible rep. I live in the middle of nowhere but everything I get is dank & I buy from a multitude of people around here.

18. The other day I picked up 5g of Lemon Haze for £50. Im not complaining £10 per g of dank. I dont know if mine is laced with glass or anything, but I dont see what the point would be, I know 8ths in this country are around 1.7g, there would be no need to make it seem heavier. Im sure it wouldnt really be dangerous anyway if I am vaping it through my bong.

I would love to grow, but atm that is not possible. When I move out though I will probably grow about 4 plants. Would it be easy to do this in a rented house without raising supsicion, and would it be best to start the grow say 6 months after living there (gain trust of landlord) or would that be suspicious if the electricity bill all of a sudden increased? And how much of a difference would 4 plants roughly make to the elec bill?

19. I grow outdoors in the UK, but as far as I know for 4 plants the electricity bill wouldn't skyrocket unless you use more power than you really need. You should find an excuse for the amount of power you use in my opinion. My computer runs 600W and its often on all day, if I grew indoors I'd use that as my excuse.

20. What the fuck are you talking about? Just because you've experienced it doesn't mean it's that common, UK weed isn't great but laced weed isn't that prominent.