To anyone celebrating Bin Laden's death..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuckSteveHarvey, May 3, 2011.

1. I don't celebrate ANY innocent people being killed. I am just celebrating one very not innocent person beineg killed. Difference. There is one.

2. Some people are so hypocritical..

3. Call me crazy but there is still a person being killed in both cases. AND, to kill this "very not innocent person", countless thousands of other humans have died as collateral damage. Which leaves me with a double dose of :confused:.

4. I would like to bring this up again..

5. Fair statement. This leaves us with the question of "was it worth it?"
    Which I am undecided.

6. Was it worth putting years of resources, years of deficit spending, years of losing young men and women who had lives to live in hope of capturing (which we obviously failed at) and bringing to justice the man we believed responsible for an attack on the US. We knew as soon as we got over there the "war on terror" would get out of hand, i remember my teachers talking about it when i was in grade school in 2001. And look where we are 10 years later. Failing our primary objective and assassinating a man with the knowledge of sure retaliation.

Seriously what is there to decide. It was not worth.

7. From a purely selfish, self-preservation motive: I'm still alive, other plans by terrorists to attack NYC have been thwarted, so it was worth it. :wave:

8. Exhibit A of why we are heading down the drain, we focus on ourselves either as individuals or as a nation. Instead of as a human race. The of Osama is just another event that will lead us in the wrong direction. Mark this post the war on terror just got a lot worse.

9. Well if you lived and worked where I have, you'd probably have a different opinion.

10. Your experiences are irrelevant to what i was saying. I was using you sarcastically as a comparison to how our nation presents itself as whole in this day and age. I didnt mean to attack you if thats how it came off. I just feel as tho we need to start uniting, the whole USA pride thing is getting old, wheres the world pride and unity.

11. #91 garrison68, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011

No problem the whole world is fucked up, but it seems like America is blamed first.

I live in the most diverse city in world - by choice. We have representative cultures from all racial and ethnic groups. In my own neigborhood there are mosques next door to synagogues. Throughout the city you'll see all kinds of different groups and individuals living side by side, mostly in harmony - and this is the city that is the number one target of Islamist terrorists.

I love the diversity, or I would move - but you've really gotta watch these fuckers who are against every decent thing in existence. They HATE women getting educated, women who show their face in public, TV, books, music, art, happiness, other religions and atheists, the list goes on and on - but mostly they HATE those who are different from themselves. :hello:

12. Question on evidence regarding Osama? It's so damning to justify illegally assasinating him? And I say that because, "which legal, constitutionally declared war counts him as a casualty?"

Or this? Executive Order 12333 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

This one is funny...
    Cheney: "We've never made the case, or argued the case, that somehow Osama Bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11" : politics

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nX-KQbYXnk]YouTube - Dick Cheney said Osama bin Laden not behind 9/11[/ame]

And please tell me this one isn't true...

In 2006, Rex Tomb chief of investigative publicity for the FBI said of Bin Laden that “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Osama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Osama bin Laden, among the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives": Why was he never indicted for his alleged role in 9/11?

FBI says, “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”

FBI — USAMA BIN LADEN

13. #94 garrison68, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
    My response to Micheal Moore is that bin laden's safe house in Pakistan could have been booby-trapped, for starters. According to reports, he did not surrender by raising his hands, and he lunged for his AK-47.

When the Nazis were caught, World War II was already over and the German high command was no longer a threat. Al Quaeda's war of terrorism against the West is not over, probably never will be as long as there's some of them still alive, and they have no qualms about blowing themselves and everybody around them to smithereens if they are in a situation that they feel justifies it. Far too many civilians and soldiers have been killed by jihad, and you can't afford to take unnecessary chances with somebody who has resolved his life to this way of waging warfare.

14. How many versions of the story came out before we got one that said there was an ak-47?

Far too many soldiers and civilians have been killed by us! Forget "jihad" and get your head out of the sand.

15. #96 Fryman, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011

I've been reading your posts lately...and I think your one of the stupidest people on here. Seriously. I'm just glad I don't live in the same country and you, and others like you. I would be ashamed to call myself american. Infact I am because I have dual citizenship.

Name Calling is Not Allowed in The City...Please Refrain From doing so in The Future!!! **unoit**

16. LOL i know..

now he's lunging for his AK-47.. when did this one come out?

the Al Quedas are coming right for us!! :eek:

[​IMG]

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgF-KAxbTmE&feature=related]YouTube - Patriot Act - South Park Style[/ame]

lol yeah you right

18. During, and after, the American Revolution, many of the Loyalists, who supported the British, went to Canada - either voluntarily or by force. I wouldn't say that I'd be "ashamed" of this heritage, but I vastly prefer having Patriots as ancestors - and there's nothing that anybody from Canada, or those with "dual citizenship", can say to me about my views that I would be concerned about.

19. Although he was responsible for many horrible things, it's a shame when someone has to die, whether they deserve it or not. Personally, I think they should have arrested him for trial, but then again, Americans would shit bricks because he wouldn't be killed. Unless it was a death penalty, which is more likely.

I celebrate death, but in a different way. When I admire someone, if they have passed on, I will smoke one for them on that day. But I will never celebrate for someone being killed or dying.

Now I will never get to do the one thing I always wanted to do involving him. I wanted to interview Osama if given the chance. The way his mind ticks, how he lives, how he deals with things, and his views on life, I would have wanted to know. I admire the man for his intelligence and way of life, but I don't like how he was the mastermind behind killing thousands of people. If Osama wasn't a terrorist, he could have been a great mind of the world.

Let the flaming begin.