To anyone celebrating Bin Laden's death..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuckSteveHarvey, May 3, 2011.

1. Im not on a high horse, i was deployed to the current war in iraq in 2008 and i lost a friend there, so to me, its not worth it, and thats from my "experience", not my soapbox.

Civilians just hear "we got em" and go off on a drunken celebration like satan died before giving any critical thought to the situation. People in the military that have seen all the side effects of this mess are like...."at what cost"?

This isn't the wild west, why do we still use the word "bounty" anymore? This isnt some game where you go on some assassination witch hunt and then scream like you actually won something, cause what did we really win? Nobody wins in the game of war, not now, not ever.

The news says now there will be "more" terrorist attacks and "more" terrorist cells forming just in time for the 10 year anniversary, do you not think they knew that this would happen? Proof that once again, war solved nothing and actually made matters MUCH worse and destroyed contless innocent lives....and will continue to do so. Some of you act like we've never been to war before and that we didnt't know this was gonna be such a drawn out war and so crippling to our troops. Remember vietnam? ....they do too.

The 1 week shock and awe bombing campaign of afganistsn was retaliation for 9/11. The decade long war in iraq and afganistsn that followed and that still goes on today is what exactly?!?!???

2. so what do you think we should have done to counter terrorism your just stating problems with the world that we allready know

and I know war causes more problems than in it solves but some people you can't just ask nicely to stop killing inocent people

3. "Society has always seemed to demand a little more from human beings than it will get in practice."
    George Orwell

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
    George Orwell

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. "
    George Orwell

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    George Orwell

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. "
    George Orwell

"Myths which are believed in tend to become true. "
    George Orwell

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
    George Orwell

4. Start by identifying what causes terrorism.

Do you know?

5. #65 4Sheezy, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That was sarcasm dude, Obama didn't personally kill him, that's the point he's making, the economies still fucked.

6. I don't understand how Robert Pape can know why they all did it when suicide bombers all committed suicide and are dead

and even if they all did it becouse of americas occupation that's just throwing fuel on the fire does anyone think by continuing to kill inocent people will make america leave that just gives then the excuse to stay

7. Osama bin Laden Causes Yet Another War? After He's Dead? by Gary D. Barnett

one terrorist killed at the cost of american citizens and 10 years of war....

it's not over yet, we gotta kill em all!

8. Do those who oppose the OPs argument even no what Terrorism is?

Terrosim-
    the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Who are the real terrorists?
    The ones who are pissed off the US is trying to make them into something they are not?
    Or
    The US who threatens any country that begins any type of civil unrest or governement unrest?

Really its simple logic. The reason everyone is celebrating his death is because we claim he was responsible for 9/11. And seriously that is the reason, if you watch the news (which im sure the majority of you do) everyones talking about closure for 9/11.

I think ive had to tell this to uneducated people on here about 100 times.
    HE WAS NEVER INDICTED ON ANY let me bold that for you ANY and underline it for you ANY charges related to 9/11.

How would you feel if a swat team burst into your house and put a gun to your head and said they were going to kill you because of accusations.

Stop being ignorant, its annoying. There my rant is over

9. Someone has to man-up and end the cycle. Either we kill every single person that is offended by our occupation of their country, or we withdraw our troops from the world.

I think national defense and some intelligence gathering would work better than policing the whole world abroad.

10. Agreed, I don't understand why we stick our nose in everything...we got enough problems stateside.

11. #71 freethinker, May 5, 2011
    Exactly what i was going to say. More voilence and more bombs has never worked throughout history, yet we continue to make the same repetetive mistakes. Everyone knows you never attack a virus with more virus, thats counterproductive and makes the virus grow!! What you do is you find clever ways to destroy the "root cause" of the infection, and then build up a better defense so that this virus cant attack as easily as it did previously.

These war strategists are smart enough to know history, they knew exactly what was going to happen. When the media is owned by defense coperations and big pharma, do you honestly think they're going to give you any real truth when they stand to make trillions?? Who do you think funds presidential campaigns? The US answeres to the corporate giants, because ultimately, they run this place. Soldiers or sol diers (dying for the sun) are expendable and just poor lower-lass slaves as far as the elite are concerned.

Why didnt obama put a reath on the ground zero tomb before? Is he really morning some fallen muslim leader in bin laden or are the troops' deaths now validated in his mind because of this death? Was the place not worth it until now? ....i know thats reaching but i dont discount anything these days and i trust NOTHING the media throws in my face.

12. why did we even go to begin with

13. I can't believe we've let our government and "intelligence" agencies run a muck for so long. I guess the best thing about George W. Bush and Barack Obama is the fact that they've opened so many eyes as to how horrible they are and the people and policies that surround them are.

14. [​IMG]

15. sometimes I think our military should be separate from the government cuz there abusing the power

16. Do Americans feel safer now that OBL has officially been disposed of?

17. #78 freethinker, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    I got a war for ya, a war on homelessness. Send in the troops, get our men to safety, and really do something positive for our people for once already. This would be much less expensive than this bullshit war, it would boost the moral of our nation, and lives would actually be saved rather than destroyed....... so whats the problem???

The problem is that theres no comeback, its not going to help defense contracters collect trillions, and therefore obama's crooked financiers who got him elected wont allow their candidate to spend money on useless lives that wont yeild re$ults in relation to their bottom line. Its so f'ing sad when you really sit down and break it down...

There are homeless veterans all over the place, thousands in los angeles' skid row, i know some of them personally. For a small fraction of what the current war costs, we could send in the ground troops and really make a difference on the streets of our OWN homeland. Do you honestly think that our country cares 1000X more about libian civilians than they do about homeless veterans that are dying off in our country from the SAME war?? You would like to think not....but actions speak louder than words.

As system of a down would say "why do they always send the poor?" That's Because they are expendable, useable, and when they come home, they are discareded like used diapers. Dont believe me? Go to a va hospital in any big city and see how we are treated for yourself, or just talk to anyone who's been in the system for a while, they'll tell ya!!

By the way, obama isnt't to blame, he's just a spokesperson for the united states, so stop ripping all these different presidents. The president doesent actually make any decisions and he doesent write any of his speaches. He is just a representative of the united states....thats really all he does. But what a speaker he is!!!!!

Ps: bush didnt show up to ground zero and doesent plan to. Norhing for him to gain, hes not running for re-election. I guess all the lives lost in the war isnt even worth it for him to just pay any respect whatsoever. What a guy....

Doubters will start to see as these snakes rear their ugly heads.

18. #79 FuckSteveHarvey, May 5, 2011
    Nice spelling.

19. Not really, but most people aren't at risk anyway. New York City and Washington DC are the top targets, followed by other large cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

People who live in the middle of Kansas don't have much to worry about.