To anyone celebrating Bin Laden's death..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuckSteveHarvey, May 3, 2011.

1. #21 FuckSteveHarvey, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nuke a country and hope to kill one person? Real fuckin' smart.

2. As I said, they should have pattern bombed the mountains of Afghanistan, NOT Kabul and other cities where we put on the dog and pony show during the months following 9/11/01. A few nukes, in the remote hills, could have solved the whole thing will less casualties, civlian deaths and expense.

That being said, Obama's strategy worked very well and I hope that bin laden's computer leads us to finding more of his allies and contributes to helping us take them out.

3. #23 TeamLemke420, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Some of you want to compare the actions of NATO with the actions of radical islamic militant groups, but that is very flawed. If you look at the whole situation and the history involved, you see that America really is not the bad guy. Yes some select NATO soldiers have done terrible things, and we have killed many civilians, but for the most part we are there for the better of the world.
    Even when the Iraqi and Afghani civilians are polled, a majority welcome the change NATO has brought. (You really think they were better under Tyrants and Al-qeada?)
    Why do you think Al-qeada suicide-bombs places that NATO troops are not even in? Because they are not only against America, they are against anyone who does not follow the Shia (basically the more radical version of Islam) sect of Islam. (Most Muslims are Sunni)

But you must also put into account how Al-qeada uses civilians as human shields. They purposefully live/fight/train right next to civilians for two reasons. 1. to deter and confuse NATO soldiers 2. To use the civilian's death as propaganda against the west (seems to be working).
    If you think they even slightly care about the civilians, you are fooling yourself. Look at it this way, if NATO could bomb the terrorists without killing civilians they definitely would, however terrorists purposefully kill civilians regardless of there being an enemy presence.

Now I am not saying this long, long war is good. But as long as there are threats to innocent people, someone needs to step in and fix it, and right now the only person willing is us.

On a side note, if we had never intervened in Iraq, then the Iran-Iraq war would have continued and tens of millions of civilians would have died. They were about to attack each other with WMDs (No not nukes, biological and gas weapons, illegal under the geneva convention)

4. America needs to stop playing the fucking babysitter, and focus on our own shit.

5. So... who's next?

6. you.. ya dirty terrorist

7. Oh no... I better start running...

I heard Pakistan used to be a good place to hide but I'm not so sure anymore...

8. So we should mourn the death of Bin Laden? or even show apathy toward his death?

Fuck that noise.

He should've never been born. If I could go back in time before he was born and kill his moms terminator style I wouldn't hesitate.

9. #29 garrison68, May 3, 2011
    The Navy Seals, that carried out the raid, apparently found a treasure trove of potentially important information in bin laden's compound, including hard drives, discs, etc. With any luck, we'll be able to find out more about threats, and other terrorist leaders, maybe sooner than we expect.

There is talk that GITMO, and the interrogations of some of the detainees, was cructial to the operation's success. If so, the camp will probably remain in place, possibly with more "guests" arriving shortly. :wave:

10. This is the way I see it.

There's not really much to CELEBRATE over, I mean I am glad that we no longer have a sociopathic murderer in its world, but nothing to celebrate with a 12 pack of budweiser with...which many people I know did surprisingly enough.......

Thousands of lives from 9/11 are still gone....

Many more are still sick and dieing from 9/11....

Thousands of people have died in the middle east, and are still dieing....

The country is still going down the crapper ....

so celebrate.....no...there's nothing to celebrate

11. He's dead so what.

That doesnt bring back the thousands of Allied troops that have died in the wars after 911, it doesnt bring back the people that died on 9-11. It doesnt or at least shouldnt bring peace to anybody that has suffered because of the terrorist attacks on the US.

It's just 1 more death in a war that isnt going to stop and has sadly has no real winners.

You cant kill ideals.

12. #32 garrison68, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden's death has brought some closure, and relief, to the families of victims, and others who were directly affected by this criminally insane zealot - and they have said so. Who are you to say that it shouldn't?

The killing of bin laden sends out a strong message to the world of terrorists: We knocked out the No. 1 guy, and got his computer as well. Fuck with us, and YOU might be the next customer to get a bullet in the head.

13. #33 freethinker, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dude thousands were singing on the white house lawn until 5am, singing christmas carrols.... If the rest of u dont see how disturbing this is, then u need a wake up call on ethics.

I said this in the other threads about bin laden and ill say it again, wtf are people celebrating??!?! The thousands of deaths that are a result of this guys name? The monthly average of 150 US soldiers deaths that will CONTINUE in bin ladens name reguardless of how much u sing and celebrate?? Yet thousands go out and celebrate the ONE death of something so insignificant?!?? What kind of sick reality is this?? Are we that stupid??

14. Adding more violence to a violent situation never works. Never has, and never will. Adding gasoline to a fire makes that fire grow, darkness can only b solved by light, what we do is counter-productive. Time to stop this 1up, my dick is bigger than yours mentality.

Looking back, was the thousands of troops that died for their country really worth it for this one mans death? Of course not, i had a fellow soldier and a friend die for this piece of shits name. it was never about just one person, it was never about bin laden....so i ask you again, wtf is everyone really celebrating?

15. Well theoretically we were there for more than the war on terruh and killing him. To me killing Usama was like a little plus, or bonus to the government...Now they can continue on, unopposed all in the name of freedom, but then again I'm not so bright sooo.

16. The world is better off without war mongers and hate mongers.

We should pop the champagne whenever one of those hellraisers return to hell.

17. I don't agree with killing either - they basically set Osama free.

But in this circumstance, it's more than justified! He needed to be terminated!

18. innocent's in the middle east?

lolnope.gif

19. People are caught up in the nationalism, faux patriotism, groupthink, tribalism, etc.

They don't even realize that we created Osama bin Laden. We collaborated with the Taliban. Our own CIA funded them. We pissed them off by sanctioning the invasion of Lebanon in the 80's, which was the main motivation behind the 1993 bombings, and then 9/11. Osama didn't attack us unprovoked, only a fool would believe this.

20. Look I've had a lot of mixed feeling about this myself. Sure the man has faced justice for being involved in killing thousands of innocents. But is it really time to celebrate? If anything I believe it is time to mourn. Unity through hate is truly unethical and I for one do not approve. Yes he is dead but it saddens me how much joy this gives people. It truly pains me that we are celebrating when in reality it was 10 years of violence and bloodshed that once again prevailed to solve conflicts in this world. All because of the differences people THINK we have.