To All You Potheads

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Smokalott, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Well, the time has come for me to rant and rave on one major aspect of discussion: Discrimination of the weedheads! Now... just because someone smokes I do not believe that it puts you in a lower "burnout" state.. I mean yes, if you have no controll the weed will indeed make you lazy, but if you get past that and learn how to use it properly then you should have a great and productive time while being high... Now in my school, many people smoke and many dont.. The people that don't usually look on the stoners as losers, failures, etc..

I don't know about you guys, but I just think that weed makes you more relaxed, and love the world.. It's a great thing that everybody should try.. This may be a stupid thread to some of you, but for me its meaningful and should help spread the word.. SMOKING POT is just having a better state of mind.. more relaxed and tranquill...

Now, do any of you believe that smoking is wrong? I smoke because I love the state it puts me in.. but there is a side of me that feels it is wrong and later in life I will do horrible in school and end up with a horrible job.. whch would be devastating.. The last thing I want to do is be a bum on the streets..

So my question is, Grasscity.com.. DOES pot really make people succeed less than those sober ones?

May I also add that many greats have smoked weed, which everyone knows already~

When I'm high, all I do is sit around so.. I WANT to change that..

Comments and questions welcome here, chat away my stoner friends~:smoking:

2. I feel less motivated, less caring, in short, less succesful when Im sober.

3. I agree people view pot smokers as low lifes, people who dont know whats going on. The only thing they want to do in life is get high. Well thats complete bullshit i have read over and over people achiveving good grades (3.5's and up) and yes i agree many great influencial(sp?) people have toked it up at least once in their lives. Most of the time they are high when they achieve greatness. So how can people say we are failures its a choice we choose to make.

4. I hear you. I hate it when people think of pot or smoker, they thing some hippy with black glasses and long dirty blonde hair. I hate that. I think that alot of people are afraid of smoking because they dont actually know the real effects, and they just believe what the media tells them. I was afraid the first time I smoked. I wanted to try it, but I thought I would get really dizzy and halucinate. I also thought I would get addicted. But I took the risk and tried it, and it was good. Im not addicted, I never really get dizzy, and I haven't smoked in 2 months, and I feel no crave to, although it would be fun to smoke with some friends, but thats just for the fun and the feeling.

My friend said that when he smoked alot, then got grounded for 3 months and didn't smoke. He wanted to smoke and have fun, but I think I haven't smoked enough to get that feeling yet.

5. Well...I fell that uour mind is still basing things off of propaganda...marijuana will make you have feelings....those feelings your mind takes them as you want them too....it's all mental and if you keep letting foreign idea infiltrating your mind then yes...that's how your body will take to it....it's how you want it to happen.

6. Its all about self control. There was a period in time where I was literally high all the time, yet I managed to keep a 3.8 gpa and make $250 a week. I never could have done that sober because I would have been so wound up I would have ended up taking more relaxation time and slacking more on school work.

But some people can't do that and thats cool too. It has a slightly different effect on everyone.

7. bro that's just a stereotype. every time i see or hear something that's a stereotype, my train of thought that immediately follows always seems to include the words: ignorant, untrue, unfair, and fucking gay heh.

just forget all those negative things about how marijuana affects your ability to be "sucessful." all those things you've heard, don't let them influence your choices about your smokage. now, take a second and reflect on your life. how has weed affected your life? look at how you accomplish those things you are responsible for. is anything you work on of any good quality? do you work hard to ensure you don't ever become a bum? if so, keep up the good wook. if not, maybe you should try to figure out what is impeding your "success" and fix it. if you ever find out that weed is holding you back: quit. you shouldn't ever stop trying to be a better person or have a better quality of life. i'm constantly trying to think of ways to better myself when i'm stoned here alone in my room.

8. I'll offer my experience to you as one more example you can use to make your decisions.

I started smoking mj. at a very young age. I'm not what most people would call successful, but I consider myself very successful. I don't measure my success the same as most. I don't value the same things that they do. I have a brother that owns a successful business, he is definately considered a success around here. the thing is, though, is that he works all the time. he has very little time to really enjoy his success. that's all good and well, he's working toward his future and I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. I work part time, and make enough to pay my bills and have a few hundred a month to do with what I want. I try to enjoy some of everyday to the fullest. I try to smile and laugh a lot everyday. these are the things I value. my brother and I have a great relationship. we don't judge each other, we respect what is important to each other. some may call me a loser, but I think they are missing an interesting part of life. I hope this may be of some use to you. peace

9. I think the majority of stoners lack motivation, but that doesn't mean that if you smoke pot you'll end up a loser. There are a lot of people out there that smoke and are really successful in life.

I kind of have the same smoking habits as you smokalott, I just want to sit around and be lazy. Try setting some goals for yourself and smoke in moderation; if I want to smoke all day, thats usually the only thing I end up doing, but if I just toke up once or twice a day I'm a lot more active. Also, try smoking to reward yourself - like smoke as a reward for finishing your homework or when you get back from work instead of before.

10. i really dont think it does.. well not for me anyways.

i've been smoking for several years now and it really is all in how you smoke.. dont abuse it. i like to draw/jam or whatever when im sober, then i'll get high and do the same thing and it turns out better

11. man i think theres gotta be mad like middle aged professional type people (lawyers, doctors, teachers, businessmen, etc.) still smoking back from when they were in their teens and 20s in the late 60s. hell even the judge from the anna nicole smith case toked up. the dude is 59, im sure he didnt knock on his teenaged sons door and say "let me try some of your grass." thats a guy whos been smoking for a while, probably most of his life. i say forget what people say-as long as you are taking care of your responsibilities (school/work/bills/whatever) then who cares?

12. here's a short story:
    if it wasn't for pot i wouldn't understand my statistics course. i never understood it but i know that when im baked i focus and try to understand things more...and i got baked and studied...it worked.

it really depends on you though bro. if you let it, it can take over your life.

13. I'm somewhat afraid that I already let it... I have cravings just to get that high and when I do i enjoy it.

14. A very wise man once told me, "Its not what you do, its how you do it."

I am making $18 an hour with benefits, was on the Honor Roll all through "High" School and have my own house, I think that beats out the stereotype right there.

15. glad to hear it... i currently have a 2.7 cumulative so i'm nervous of what to do.. MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS gotta get up in hurrr.. because a pothead's about to retire.. before highschool I had a 3.8 all the time.. now its a 2.7 (im 18 yes, senior).. So, my stoner days might just be over.. I mean shit. what job or college can I get?

16. If it wasn't for pot, I would've never got my head out of my ass and probably wouldn't be making the grades I am today. It's kind of magical, really. I started smoking last summer, realized school was only as hard as I made it, and it turned out it was. Not only that, english (poetry in particular) became leaps and bounds more interesting, so I took additional courses and actually enjoyed them wtfz.

I smoke every day, too, so I don't really get all stressed out or panicky
    much, which I used to have a problem with before. It just works on so many levels..

17. Wow, glad to hear it.. It somewhat has the reverse effect on me.. Like I said before.. 2.7 GPA, scary... screwed for life? :( But I hate this depressing shit so to get my mind off of it.. TOKE UP TIME. Yawn, school's in an hour =S

18. I hope that very few of us here want you to continue use if it's not making you happy. you have to make that decision for yourself. if your like most and will decide your success based on your financial accomplishments then based on what you've said, if I were you I'd quit, you can always smoke again later in life if you chose to when it won't have such a negative impact on you. I smoked a lot in school as well, I left college with a 3.85 GPA. so smoking was definately not a problem for me. it's not the same for everyone. peace

19. Potheads are fucking smart people. thats all i have to say.

ps.
    fuck the system. its honestly just plain "bad"

20. Yeah, the system is bad, and ure right on with potheads being smart.. most of them are.. there are also the stupid ones, just like every crowd