Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To all you jay smokers out there...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dylonx5, Oct 9, 2009.

1. what do you use as a filter when you smoke. Normally I tear up the flap on the zig-zag container, but I have gotten in the habit of using bigger filters so i don't burn my fingers as much. This means that I use up the extra hard paper way before I am out of zigs. What other kind of common material do you guys find works best?

2. business cards are the best lol. just pick them up wherever you go and keep them in your wallet.

3. index card

4. Filters. loads of people are like "wtf why would you use a filter you dont get high!" well, actually i get high veryy quick and it's alot nicer on your throat. with a roach it gives me reaall bad drymouth

but yea its the way i've always smoked, the way my parents smoke, so i guess i've grown up with it...

5. Que cards. I like the lined ones because they are very easy to measure.

6. i try to stay away from smoking anything toxic.

7. I cut off a small piece of whatever clothing I'm wearing at the time and shove it into the end of my joint.
    That's a lie.

8. lol you don't smoke the filter...

9. ^precisely! ahah just cut a 1/4 inch strip and fold it over making V's of somesort..

btw orbit* love the avatar, just got that pic forwarded to my phone haha

10. Thanks for the help guys, didn't even think about business cards.

11. [​IMG]

See the little thing with the squirrel on it??

It's a pack of filters purposely meant for jays, got em at my local headshop. They have little weed leaves all over them and work really well as filters, it's $1 for like 100 but they usually will just give em to you for free.

12. i'm not sure you're supposed to smoke the filter...? =/

13. AWESOME PIC MAN!
    Love the grinders too!
    And loved the small filters@!!!!!
    Wish I could find something like that!

14. I've used movie tickets, business cards, torn off pieces of the pack of Zag's, and of those three, I liked Business cards the best cuz they were the easiest to roll without making creases.

15. ^^
    crutch/roach shouldnt burn, you should feel when there's no more bud burning anyways

bought a pack of small index cards. that should last me a few years

16. Wait... Can someone educate me on how to use a filter? I'm always up for healthier methods of smoking marijuana cause thats all I smoke.

17. 1) Buy a vaporizer
    2) A "filter" or "roach" or "crutch" is simply a rolled up piece of "thick paper" (about 1cm by 5cm...idk exactly), like an index card or the like that is placed into the end of a joint. It keeps the end of the joint in place as you smoke it, and aids in delivering smoother hits.

It also helps you waste less weed in the actual roach.

18. They also give you something to hold on to, for those of you who aren't fans of burnt fingertips.

19. if me and my cuz decide to use a filter we use an idex card, if not save the smokeable roach and throw that in a bowl.

20. Yea I dont have cash for a vape. Thanks though when I decide to start tokin down again I will most def try this