to all you guitarists out there

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by adamBC, Aug 30, 2005.

1. what is your favourite song to play? you know that one song you play everytime you sit down with your guitar?

2. Slayer- Raining Blood

and

Lamb of God- Laid to Rest

Pure metal.....and the perfect practice warm-up to get my fingers ready to shred.
    I just put my guitar down actually, I tuned it to DGCFAD and was learning 'This Darkened Heart' by All That Remains. Their right-hand picking technique is pretty refined and takes a bit to get up to speed.

Long live metal!! \m/ \m/

3. Uh, I like to play aqueous transmission, by incubus, on my dads old classical guitar. :) It's one of the only cool sounding things I can play. That, coincidentally, makes it the only thing I can play that amuses me. That and comfort eagle by cake.

This is for guitar players, too.

NEW TED NUGENT COLOGNE TESTED ON 'EVERY GODDAMN ANIMAL WE COULD FIND' ALPENA, MI --

Ted Nugent held a press conference Monday to unveil his new signature fragrance "Heartland," which the veteran rocker touted as the most extensively tested cologne in history. "We tested that sumbitch on ferrets, weasels, deer, elk, bison, trout, crickets, gibbons, iguanas, donkeys, capybaras, koalas, hyenas, penguins, woodpeckers--every goddamn animal we could find," Nugent said. "And, just to be extra-certain it was safe for consumer use, we injected it into a kitten's bloodstream, sprayed it on otters with open wounds that we inflicted, and forced cows to drink it through their nose. We also squirted it in a duck's eyes. Then we ran out of cologne and just started punching the duck." The cologne, now available in stores, features an ivory bottle stopper and comes in a genuine tiger-skin pouch.

4. lol
    ted nugent is the man, he played at ribfest in my town during the fourth and he was sayin so much funny shit

but i would have to say my fave song to play is Lie in Our Graves by Dave Matthews

5. LittleWing. I think i play it everyday

6. hendrix and zeppelin and floyd is all the stuff that i play i listen to ungrateful dead and bob marley when i am trippin

7. ?

8. It's usually the last song I've learned or written..

9. I am with skinner...but I usually fool around and then write something sick, and then spend like a week improving it, then I play it for awhile and eventually forget it. I remember the really sick ones though.

10. i saved up my money stash and bought a gibson les paul zakk wylde signature a couple monts ago my first guitar was a Jackson Sunburst

11. Radio by alkaline trio is usually what I start off with. First song i learned how to play and when I sit down and play it somethin about it calms me down.

12. i love playing that song

its a very fun song to play

13. hehe reminds me of bein in my old punk rock band... We use to play nothing but alk3,,

14. +rep for anyone who replied with some alkaline trio shit(someone hook me up with some rep too ;) haha) I'm also big on playin some 3eb to chill out too.

15. Ya same here.

16. Madatory Suicide - Slayer

17. there are alot of fun system songs, toxicity, a byob.

rhcp, zep, van halen ,hendrix, bb king

i know a few alk3 songs, dont like the new single/s?... havent heard the album.

18. Alk3 is awesome.

19. "Uncle Johns Band" - Grateful Dead
    "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
    "Stash" - Phish

^ those are my favorites to play, but im always learning new shit ( i usually dont remember a lot of it though haha)

20. I'm more of a bassist, but when I play my guitar, I always play Stairway to Heaven.

Songs I play on bass all the time:

Money-Pink Floyd
    Tom Sawyer-Rush
    Bouree-Jethro Tull
    The Lemon Song-Led Zep
    Anesthesia-Metallica (Cliff Burton)