Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To All The Ones Who Smoke Resin....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Germs069, Jun 4, 2013.

1. lol smoking resin is so beat, its basically equivalent to you scraping food off your unclean dishes to eat because you're so hungry.  no thanks :( I can always go buy more "food"

2. why the hell do people have so many prblems with resin its fucking good if u take the little resin ball or what ever put it with the smallest amount fo water make it like a snack pack desity rub that shit on a rolling paper  put some tabbacco in it itll blow you away it makes it last like as long as a cigar too

3. How's this for starters? A nasty bowl of resin in a homemade steel pipe....that's gross!! :cry:

Attached Files:

4. I love resin haha. I ALWAYS mix it with weed though, not just for the extra high but for the texture. I get it from a bong slide so it is that wet resin that is absolutely impossible to work with. After mixing it with a decent amount of weed (like a whole bowlpack at least) I can usually get a days worth of smoke out of one slide scraping.

5. A giant resin ball can give you like 20 hits sometimes and anybody who says its bad for you, lets see the studies, its a fucking by product of weed, which means how could it be worse then regular weed, your resin may have a higher content of thc then your actual bud, putting that to waste is beyond stupid, even if you got pounds of the shit, you need to clean your pipe. 

One of the things i like to do is get a fat resin ball and roll it around in my level 3 thc catcher from my grinder, those bowls are just fucking insane. 

Its no different then smoking a fat joint and having a bunch of stinky pot in the roach of the joint, anybody who says that the roach doesnt get you as high as the joint is a maniac. 

6. just got this from my bong slide(obviously I added bud lol). Bout to smoke down on it.
    [​IMG]

7. #47 Wiggibow, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    what is wrong with you people? i understand smoking resin when you're in a rut, but to actually go out of your way to smoke it is insanity. You obviously have little experience smoking if you think resin gets you as high as bud

8. Higher thc content than bud?? I don't see how that could be possible, especially since resin gave me a short burnout high and nothing more when I smoked it... And it cant be that much worse than weed smoke but seriously, your burning the tar itself from the other smoke, and its harsh as fuck... How could it not be more harmful? Why do people kid themselves?

Resin is smoke condensate. Condensation is when a gas cools down on a surface quickly enough to make it revert to the liquid phase. So, you smoke from a pipe, the glass is pretty cool, smoke passes over glass, some of it condenses onto the glass. The rest of the smoke goes into your lungs. So, the resin is a liquid version of the smoke you inhaled.

Resin has more degradation products (ex:Cbn) vs active products (ex: thc) because heat causes the active cannabinoids to convert towards more degradation products. So, you will be adding even more heat to smoke the resin again, which produces more of the degradation products. These are known to cause more sedative highs vs the more cerebral high that thc is known for, which is why I like my resin if I'm dry for bedtime medicine. 

So, it can get you high, maybe not the same high your buds of the resin had, but it will still get you high.

Resin is also best when butane isn't used as a combustion source, since butane lighters are filled with impurities that don't burn and excess butane which will also condense with the weed smoke. Then using butane to light that resin/butane mix just concentrates the amount of butane you inhale, especially since it takes more heat to ignite resin. Butane and it's impurities have been known to cause naseau, headaches, and other nasty side effects people attribute to smoking resin.

10. The only time I ever smoke resin is if I am out of product.  I don''t like it but it give me a pretty nice high.  It tastes bad and makes my lungs feel weird though

11. Resin is smoke condensate. Condensation is when a gas cools down on a surface quickly enough to make it revert to the liquid phase. So, you smoke from a pipe, the glass is pretty cool, smoke passes over glass, some of it condenses onto the glass. The rest of the smoke goes into your lungs. So, the resin is a liquid version of the smoke you inhaled.

Resin has more degradation products (ex:Cbn) vs active products (ex: thc) because heat causes the active cannabinoids to convert towards more degradation products. So, you will be adding even more heat to smoke the resin again, which produces more of the degradation products. These are known to cause more sedative highs vs the more cerebral high that thc is known for, which is why I like my resin if I'm dry for bedtime medicine.

So, it can get you high, maybe not the same high your buds of the resin had, but it will still get you high.

Resin is also best when butane isn't used as a combustion source, since butane lighters are filled with impurities that don't burn and excess butane which will also condense with the weed smoke. Then using butane to light that resin/butane mix just concentrates the amount of butane you inhale, especially since it takes more heat to ignite resin. Butane and it's impurities have been known to cause naseau, headaches, and other nasty side effects people attribute to smoking resin.
    </blockquote>
    Thanks for such an informative post!

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I'm laughing at this thread. Shit, and I'm not even baked. I'm actually getting read to smoke somewhat resin. It's weed I had that was wet so it didn't burn fully. It's half resin and half good weed? idk but it gets me baked  :yummy:

13. Is this a pot plant found it wen smoking in the woods it has white specks on the leafs and there is the same plant way smaller next to it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

14. Does resin even get you high? And if so how much?

15. not rly sure why i was quoted haha; but yeah good info; kinda proved my point i guess

16. "You obviously have little experience smoking if you think resin gets you as high as bud" This is why I quoted it. But it was more in general directed at the thread in general versus just you.

17. but your conclusion seemed to be that resin gets you high, but not the same high as the bud. thats what i was sayin. im so confused

18. Not the same high, I didn't really touch on the intensity. Smoke enough of it, you can be much higher than smoking bud. Just different than a THC high.

19. I was talking about intensity though; thats why I'm confused
    but really, much higher? I've smoked a lot of resin in my time; unless its all been some fluke even smoking a like 1" sized ball of it has never gotten me to the same level as I could by facing a blunt or something 

20. I've been pretty stoned from resin in the past. I don't smoke resin balls, they don't burn good or evenly, stuff on the inside gets super toasted before in order to smoke. I like it as thin as possible or dry, where it's like a powder.

I think you just haven't smoked enough, or your tolerance is pretty high when smoking resin, I usually save mine for when I'm dry and it gets me ripped. Sometimes when I have green, I don't smoke it directly with weed, but it adds a very stoniness to the high.