To all the insomniacs

Discussion in 'General' started by Scnerd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I suffer from chronic insomnia no matter what I do I cannot get myself to fall asleep when I want to. I've tried closing my eyes, clearing my head, breathing slowly, smoking, and even masturbating. If anyone could, please give me some sleeping advice I'm exhausted.

2. more melatonin, turkey, indica, less caffeine, TV, computer.

3. I had insomnia for a while but once I started exercising and eating well I started going to bed at a normal hour.

4. I don't want to self diagnose myself with anything, but I've had issue sleeping for quite a while now.

I'd appreciate any tips my fellow blades might have

5. Exercising, melatonin, indica (especially vaping indica's knock my ass right out), sometimes reading an extremely boring book will do it as well.

6. When the mind is tired exercise the body. When the body is tired exercise the mind.

I suffer greatly from insomnia....only thing I've found that helps is exercising and smoking a ton of weed. When I smoke the weed I try to take a big hit, and after I exhale I immediately take another hit without breathing in any fresh air...rinse and repeat a few times after I exercise and it helps me pass out sometimes.

7. If your body wont go to sleep, then literally make it go to sleep(shutdown), workout, run, do some heavy cardio or do 100 pushups and situps before you sleep, but dont overdue it and try smoking after you workout.

8. Doing any form of exercise before sleep is not advisable.

9. Get some exercise during the day and eat a big dinner

Don't watch TV or go on the computer for a few hours before you want to go to bed and read a book or magazine instead

Sometimes I wish I could stay awake for like a half hour once I get into bed, but I always conk right out in like ten minutes or less

10. Let me clarify (Killer not sure if that was aimed at me), I mean exercising like 4-5 hours before going to bed if possible.

11. Twas not sir. It was directed towards DeluxeHerb.

There is certainly some good advice in this thread though.

12. #12 HailSagan, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    A) Something like 50% of people suffer from insomnia, it's natural.
    B) Force yourself to wake up early.
    C) Never lay down until it's time to sleep.
    D) Practice meditation to relieve stress.
    E) Exercise regularly for the same reason.
    D) Prepare for nothing to work. 9-5 is the problem, not your mind. Oh well.

Haven't had a steady sleep schedule in 20 years.
    My 'circadian rhythms' seem to belong to another planet.
    As I've consistently gone to sleep 1 hour later than the night before...
    for decades. Which makes my social and work life Hell.

Edit:

13. I've had insomnia for a good 25 years. My problem has always been trying to get my mind to stop thinking about shit and relax. The harder I tried the worse it got.

I tried everything. OTC pills, whiskey, mental exercises, nothing really worked.

My best advice, and what I finally did out of frustration: See your doctor. Prescription pills work.

14. #14 Blu3B3rryKush, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    1. good kush

2. dont lay down with the tv on

3. thats what helps me

edit - hot shower directly into a cold room afterwords releases melatonin in ya brain... ;) good luck

15. get a 3rd shift job then it's normal. I get paid not to sleep.

16. Number 2.. I'm actually gonna try that. Usually I crash out with the TV on.

I wouldn't mind staying up if I was working. Damn lay offs.

17. I work out regularly but I'll try the 2nd option that blueberry kush suggested and also not laying down before it is time for me to sleep.

For those who suffer from insomnia what do you usually do when you're up those long hours besides trying to go to sleep. I like to put my energy into drawing and poetry.

18. When I can't sleep I try to educate myself rather than entertain.. I like to go on khan academy and watch the videos...or settle into a couple documentaries on a single subject.

19. I usually will read a book, or do some surfing on the net. The odd time ill clean the house, but not too often. Been slowly working on getting my passport.

I'm going to start going over all my books for work. I could definitely use a refresher.

20. also this... im trying to get a new job now that helps me with this... can yall say paper man