To all the Christians out there

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SniperKitty, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I'm not bashing your religion first off I was raised Christian but I've always had so many questions about the religion that now I don't have a faith...

I've ALWAYS wondered how Christians explain dinosaurs, like if you believe God created Adam and Eve first then how do you explain the dinosaurs? I'm sure some of you have your mixed ideas of how everything was actually created, I know some Christians believe God created everything but he didn't actually create Adam and Eve first and that's how they explain them dinosaurs and everything else and agree that the world is much older than the bible says.... but for the few people who DO believe that Adam and Eve were created first (if it's you or you know someone who believes this) then what is the explanation of the dinosaurs?

Again, NOT bashing religion, this is just an honest question that has floated through my mind since I've been about 6 or 7.

2. Yeah these are questions that Christians are afraid of because they have nothing to say about it.

3. Easy, God created the dinosaurs ? And at least my church / many Catholics don't look at Adam and Eve as a literal story .

4. [quote name='"Hart"']Easy, God created the dinosaurs ? And at least my church / many Catholics don't look at Adam and Eve as a literal story .[/quote]

My question was more tword people who really believe Adam and eve came first. I know plenty of Christians who think the way you do but I also know some who take it very literally and when I ask them they get mad at me so I figured my question might be better answered here.

5. [​IMG]

I don't buy it, but some people who used to have accounts here have mentioned old stories of dragons and the fact that the bible mentions serpents as meaning that both those old stories and the biblical stories reference dinosaurs that still existed when they were written.

6. Also according to christian the world is only 6 thousand years old ahaha dinosaur bones are dated tens of millions of years.

7. I know the whole timeline is messed up to me... nothing fits >.<

8. well, they found out that some dating methods are kind of inaccurate, so obviously, all dating methods are invalid and only the biblical method of dating remains so that's the only valid method!

makes sense right

9. #9 vergen, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    If you have netflix check out "Dragons or Dinosaurs: creation or evolution"

It's a film I watched recently and really changed how I look at history, I mean when it comes down to it the stories and descriptions of dragons in history quite accurately depict what we've dug up and called dinosaurs. I see absolutely no reason to doubt that these creatures existed during the same time man was on this planet.

I mean we've even found T-rex bones that had soft tissue still intact to it! Obviously that bone was not 65+million years old.. there's no way organic matter wouldn't deteriorate over such a massive amount of time..

Even though it defies what we know about organic matter, and their use of fallacious circular reasoning with dating methods, they still choose to slap a date of millions and millions of years on it..

Dinosaur Shocker | Science & Nature | Smithsonian Magazine

The truth is it is scientifically and empirically impossible to prove how old a fossil is, for even when we test living subjects they give dates of 20,000+ years old.. We can pretend we know how old something is, but when it comes down to it we really don't know jack shit.

10. #10 Philosiraptor, Mar 12, 2012
    Your theory doesn't necessarily disprove anything. What if God created Adam/Lilith then Eve then dinosaurs?

Why do you think god couldn't have created people then dinosaurs? I must be missing something in your thought process.

11. OP, did I not warn you this was coming?

12. Subbed for future crea-troll lulzworthy quotes.

13. You need some cream for your aching ass? I didn't do anything except predict you were coming. Have a tissue, sweetheart.

14. [quote name='"Philosiraptor"']Your theory doesn't necessarily disprove anything. What if God created Adam/Lilith then Eve then dinosaurs?

Why do you think god couldn't have created people then dinosaurs? I must be missing something in your thought process.[/quote]

Well I mean our method of dating fossils isn't super accurate, but we have never found human remains that have dated as old as dinosaurs, and even with a system not totally accurate you think if we existed at the same time when we dated human remains they would be at least closer together time wise. The system isn't SO flawed that it would give us millions of years difference

15. [quote name='"vergen"']

You guys are pretty good at trolling ...[/quote]

Cool.

I decided to be subbed to a thread calling out silly bullshit posing as science..
    Must be a troll.

Grow up little girl.

16. It has something to do with Noahs arc, some kid i work with tried explaining it to me, they have answer for everything, and it really wasnt worth the time it took for him to explain it to me.

17. I have always wondered this too

18. #18 vespathug, Mar 12, 2012
    I think there was a period of time between when god created the earth and when he created man. The bible says something about the earth was dark or void or something but the word "was" could also be translated back too "became" in hebrew or something so it might be that the original translation says that he created earth and then made dinosaurs then the earth became void and then he created man. In the King James version it sounds like he made the earth and the next day made man but the King James Version is NOT the original bible.

The bible does talk about time before god created man, it doesn't say anything about dinosaurs or how long the period of time was though so it could easily include the time dinosaurs were alive.