Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To all new smokers!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by viper11smith, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Thing is, it's not the weed <which doesn't kill brain cells. Call it denial, or call it medical studies> that makes the stoner an unmotivated slacker. It's the person. I could sit at home, disregard my obligations and meager social life, and play video games on a binge, or just go out to the bar with a few friends every other day and drink-drink-drink and sing the same two karaoke songs along with the entire room of drunks. I could stay at home and keep my eyes hooked to the computer and read reddit, grasscity, tumblr, facebook, write stuff in an attempt at getting a job writing, etc. I could even stay at home all day, for three days, smoke weed and do all of the above. I did, at one point. But I wasn't a very responsible person to begin with. Sometimes, it takes a mistake to get back in order. It took a burned out week to tell me that. But I still smoke every Fri/Sat/Sun and enjoy it. I wouldn't defend a drug that paralyzed me from living while doing my obligations. It was ME.

It's all about self control. Some people are good at it, and some people say they'll get around to improving that quality another day. That's all there is to it. Either you know when's the right time to toke, or you don't. Either you enjoy it while equally enjoying sobriety, or you burn out. Different strokes, for different folks.

I'm really sorry your every-day habit ran out your relationships and made things seem muggy. I'd hate that to happen to anyone. But it wasn't the weed that did it.

Now, I don't have weed on me at the moment. Might be getting some tonight or tomorrow. But as I don't have internet powers at the moment because a certain internet company is the devil incarnate, I'll just put this here now: "This toke is for you, sir."

2. [​IMG]

3. Shit won't kill you, why worry?

4. I feel like marijuana has made me a better person. I used to shelter myself and not hang out with many people and now I have more friends then I ever had and have a better job then when I didn't smoke. You gotta smoke bud, not let it smoke you. :smoke:

5. Rehabilitation for weed? That made me laugh my ass off, you sir are a dumbass.

6. YOU fucked your own life up no need to blame it on the herb bro............

7. yeah even if i smoked crack everyday and ruined my life i wouldnt tell others not to do it because i fucked up. there is always a way to control a drug use, and with marijuana its really easy. all you have to do is take breaks once in a while and not overdue it.

8. yeah i seem to have no problem working 32 hours weeks with school for 2 days a week with 1 day off and I blaze all the time. For some reason i feel that this is me putting in an effort, having motivation, and shows great determination to better myself. But OP is right weed has gotten rid of my determination. OP just let pot take him over cause he is a little girl who cant handle his shit and always takes off more than he can chew.

9. #49 kd0G420, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I can disprove everything you just said with SCIENTIFIC STUDIES that are bookmarked on my computer, but I'm on vacation using my phone, so maybe some other time. Is weed perfect? No. Can there be negative side effects? Yes, everyone is different. Life is short. Have fun. Who says we have to live to make money, and have some crazy job. I hope to make a lot of money once I'm done with my education. Our society sort of requires it, but does God say we have to make money? No. We have to be good people. Simple as that. The perks hard work and money provide are nice, but not necessary. Society's definition of hard work is a job, lots of money, a college degree etc. I plan on having all of those, but there are other types of work, and that is not why we are on this planet.

10. Negatives also have their Positive sides to it. my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer when i was younger, she has been smoking cigs like nothin since she was 13. the doctor said she has 6 months to live...she ended up living another 12 years and still smoking cigs strong. my other grandma, had a heartattack and still smokes her cigs too. talk about good genes right here! the point: this dude's medical and scientific mumbo jumbo don't mean shit.

11. Response 1: yeah dude. The plant affects everyone differently. Some people get too dependant on the plant and some never get that far. OP obviously got too dependant. I hear t breaks are good to keep this in check.

Response 2: fuck off. This is a weed forum not anti drug.

12. Sorry for the double post.

Have any of you noticed this.

Anti weed people use old propoganda, and flawed studies that were set up to show weed is bad. They say we justify our drug use with whatever we say. No argument, we are wrong, cause we use drugs, or more specifically, a drug.

On the other hand we provide studies that we worked to find.

They say anyone can post something on the internet, so our sources are wrong. Then they find a website that shits on weed,and that is automatically correct. No fucking studies, just some bullshit website like Above The Influence or something.

My facts aren't from weed.com or something like that, I try to find more reliable sources.

Personally when I find a study, I look up the scientist who did it. They usually have very impressive credentials.

We choose the hard road (requires research, time, and effort) in defending it, while they don't need to do any work to bash it. Yet they are automatically right.

13. Alright, I stayed subscribed to this thread just to see if the OP was a troll or not. Since he hasn't posted a response since the thread blew up then I conclude HE'S A TROLL!

....unsubscribed....

14. I think OP wrote this more to consolidate himself and his reasons for quitting the herb because the "info"given to the new smokers is so minute and limited that it can't really be considered convincing since its a post on a site for herb tokers where there's nothing but influences TO smoke ganj. Come back after you smoke a bowl.

15. I think he's just embarrassed because he got his ass handed to him

16. I wouldn't dare.

17. I'm very sorry for your troubles, and I truly hope that you can have the life that you want.
    However, if you took five minutes to even just skim Granny's list, you would see that the majority, if not all of your statements are false, with no current/respectable research to support them.
    I am permanently disabled due to two obscure neurological disorders. I have lived in constant pain for 12 years, taking more and stronger Rx DRUGS every year. Now that I have my state certification and a safe, reliable grower, my quality of life has improved immensely! I have greatly reduced the number of several of my Rx meds, thereby protecting my liver! Prior to medicating with cannabis, I was only ever able to sleep for about three hours. This went on for close to a year. I am now able to sleep six or more hours, each night! What a tremendous impact marijuana has had on my life, and all of it is positive.
    You're clearly going through a rough time and I really do hope that you can maintain the forward momentum you have going now. But, it is willfully ignorant to rant against something when you have such limited information and more importantly, perspective.
    Good luck to you.

Be well and be blessed,
    Sandcat

18. It's because your irresponsible, don't blame the Weed.

19. [quote name='"Jawnnay"']Or you can keep smoking and be like Bill Clinton.[/quote]

haha i thought he "didn't inhale", my ass

20. You realize your post would maybe have had an effect, maybe even a good one.

Except you fucked it up by putting the most hilariously untrue fact about marijuana: killing brain cells.

Ok grasscity say it with me now.

Bull.
    Fucking.
    Shit.