TMNTs First Official Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by TMNToker, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Yup. I went to my hydro store and bought the test kit for $5 and has enough for maybe... 3 cycles.

2. can you rephrase this? I don't understand what you're getting at:confused:. Yes, I do already have plants growing, and am running around 82F and 45% humidity. Definitely not a perfect environment but they seem to be healthy. a ten degree drop would be perfect so I'd really like to know what you meant above.

And yes, I have read Kamel's guide and it is very good. :smoke:

3. OH, btw. When should I replant into bigger pots? still haven't gotten them yet, but they shouldn't be hard to find.

4. If you're gonna use the soil pot the mrgrowpro came with, I think you'd be set for the entire grow..

The tule of thumb is 1 gallon for every month the plant is alive, but obviously that cant apply to pc grows.

5. By pot do you mean the rectangular tuperware they gave me? As in put all my plants in the same thing???? :confused: I can't imagine that's what you're talking about.

6. That should suffice for 1 plant, two plants max...Or else I'd say go 1-2 gallons each... That might be tricky..:rolleyes:

7. #67 TMNToker, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    Well luckily I have 3 plant ;) I think what I'll do is put them in the biggest pots I can fit in my box and grow all of them in same size pots. Originally I was just going to use the Crit + and Aurora as mothers but I will probably end up vegging them for as long as it takes the Northern Lights to finish, clone them, and then flower them. Though I'm not sure if that would work out because the Northern lights is quite smaller than them and I don't know how long it will take for the NL to completely finish (lack of info online). Can anyone poke some holes in my plan or suggest how it should go? Because if I switch to 12/12 to flower the crit and aurora, while the NL is still growing, the NL harvest would be lower than if it was running 20/4. But if I leave my Crit and Aurora vegging, and the NL takes forever to finish, they may outgrow my box and cause a whole new mess of headaches. Wish I had a better idea of when the NL would finish.

ALSO: PICTURES.

The whole family. From left to right: Northern Lights, Aurora, Critical +.
    DSC_0172.JPG

The Critical +
    DSC_0173.JPG

The Aurora
    DSC_0174.JPG

The Northern Lights
    DSC_0175.JPG

EDIT: anyone notice the tad bit of white on the back leaf of the Aurora? I've been noticing a little of this on both the Aurora and Crit. Can anyone tell me what this is? Heat stress? Fuzz? haha.

8. Which ones are autos? You can't clone autos.

9. You CAN clone autos, they would just be on the same lifespan of the mother. But that doesn't matter, because I'm not cloning the auto haha. The Northern Lights is my femmed auto (hopefully, know nirvana had some issues with autoflowers in the past but hopefully since they were back up on the sight the problem has been fixed). The Aurora and Critcal + are my photoperiods. So I did find some info on how long the NLs take to finish. Everywhere I've read has said 8-9 weeks from seed, but that's counting on them actually flowering automatically. If it turns out I have duds, the whole thing would be fucked, I'd have to switch to 12/12 to get the "autos" to flower, which would send my photoperiods into flower before they were big enough to produce anything significant. Is 8-9 weeks a feasible lifespan? That would be pretty legit, thought they'd take a bit longer for sure. Whelp, time for a toke. :smoke:

10. I say you throw the auto outside in a 2 gal pot and let the photoperiods stay in the pc case if possible...
    What I mean by you cant clone an auto was theres no point in cloning if the lifespan is the same as the mother's...:smoke:

11. Outdoors is really not an option for me. Stealth is a must. and on top of that, I definitely like the control I have over an indoor grow. I WOULD however like to buy a tent soon and get a little grow room going in my spare room. but for now this is what I have to make do with.

12. Youch, this is a sticky situation...:rolleyes:

13. I ran a bunch of sour60 autos about a year ago...ran them in 24/0 for the first month or so then I needed room in veg and put them into 12/12 for the last 5 weeks..I'd guess slightly less yield (10-15%) but they turned out fine, no nanners or anything. I was kinda worried cuz I read lots of reports about S60 going hermie too.

you can also chop back growth on the photo strains if they get outta hand...it's kind of a waste of growth...but I hack back on my mother plants all the time and it doesn't bother them :) I've kept mothers in 8oz of coco for 6+ months, just chopping branches everytime they get over 6"

14. Yeah....I'm gonna take bongsauce's side and say just flower your photoperiods and let the auto do its own thing...

15. Than I suppose I'll have to just play it out. Thinking it's safe to say that the 2nd NL isn't sprouting. Will probably dig through the soil later today and see what went wrong. Will be interesting.

16. Don't be so sure....I just had a SLH sprout after a long while passed. No idea what happened...I didn't even water the soil for a good two weeks;)

17. Well I think the NL I already have is a ways behind the Aurora and Critical, so anything that sprouts now would be even more of a hassle.

18. Tell me about it :D

Pc cases aren't designed for more than 2 plants.. I'd say having one plant and doing a scrog would yield pretty nicely for a small space.

If you can handle the heat, stick another surge protector with 4 more bulbs to help with light :D

19. Yeah sorry I was quite tired. Think of it like a makeshift cooltube. Take the ducting that connects to the intake of the fan and put it as close as possible to the light and reflector. The air it sucks in will be the hottest air.

20. So tubing from my exhaust right next to the bulbs where the air would be hottest? Correct? Sounds right.