TMNTs First Official Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by TMNToker, Aug 9, 2011.

1. I'm slowly watch my pistils brown and retract into the calyxes. They will swell. Then I plan to look at the trichs.

People will clip a lil bud and quick dry it to test it.

2. I think as long as you have a little airflow during lights off it will be fine...and when lights are on you only need enough airflow to keep it cool ya know? ...as long as humidity isn't a problem.

You should be fine to chop a small bud off to test out...just make sure to get a clean cut and not leave damaged material behind. It's still really hard to tell the quality unless you do a proper dry/cure.

^^this. watch for the majority of the calyxes swell and recede. any new white hairs that are popping out are going to take time to swell...I refer to this as 'the buds are still throwing out new hairs' once the plant stops throwing out new white hairs it will begin to ripen and the calyxes swell.

3. I just looked at my plant today and the calyxes are even more pronounced. It's great when you can actually see the pod they sprout from. I wish my camera wasn't stolen and I could get a good pic of it.

4. Looking good Tmnt, my second grow is just finishing off. Once again it was NL auto. My plant is at the same stage as yours. I've just been flushing with molasses for the last 10 days :)

5. Hmm, well I haven't seen the plants in 2 days, as I just got back from the first snowboard trip of the season with the girlfriend and some buddies. Was a BLAST!

I will check to see if there's any new hairs when the lights come on tonight. I feel like I've been noticing less hairs. Not sure if this is the hairs receding or the buds fattening (or if that's the same process haha) but I'll try to get some updated pictures. Will play with the temps tonight as well. See what I can do.

Bongsauce, what do you mean by not leaving damaged materials? Like half chopped buds or some shit? I was planning on cutting one of the topmost buds off at the stalk and leaving all the other buds on the cola intact. Would that be okay? or would the open wound at the top fuck up all the lower buds on the cola?

Timetotry, based on the pictures from like last week, how much longer do you think the NL has? You say you're at about the same stage and flushing so you're harvesting soon, yeah?

6. the open wound will be fine...like I said just get a clean cut so there's not like a chunk of bud in there that's gonna rot later.

7. Timetotry, based on the pictures from like last week, how much longer do you think the NL has? You say you're at about the same stage and flushing so you're harvesting soon, yeah?

bit hard to tell under hps light but I would say that your nl is about a week behind mine. I chopped the top buds on mon, and trimmed most of the fan leaves. Going to chop the rest in the next couple of days.

My nl this time round has been a monster, 91cm high, but did stretch abit. The big difference has been the odour, this time round it absolutely chongs! And nl is supposed to be relatively low odour.

Good luck with the chop and enjoy your rewards ;-)

8. subbed! Im looking to do a pc grow too and interested how much you get out of this. Though im looking to scrog mine.

9. #349 TMNToker, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    Ah, was wondering when I'd have to address this issue. Though listed in the microgrow section, my grow is now pretty full sized. 5'x4'x2' tent. 400watt light. Think I might chop the Critical + tomorrow.

10. Whelp, fellas. The Critical + came down yesterday and she's a beauty. My guess is maybe 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 ounces, +/- (used to only seeing ounces at a time for the most part). She smells so so sweet. Had an absolute blast trimming her. I know there are umpteen milliion ways to go about the trimming and drying process and I decided to try something new (not that I have experience doing anything else, just that I hadn't planned to do things this way) I decided to do the majority of the trimming before hanging the buds to dry. Obviously all the fan leaves have been eradicated and are hanging with the frosty ass trim from cutting the leaftips off the bud. Sat out in the shed trimming for a good 3 hours with my girlfriend and watched dazed and confused for her first time. Was such a wonderful experience. :hello::smoke::D:wave::) . Pulled lines of dental floss parallel across the top of a big cardboard box, and hung all of the buds on the lines. The big fan leaves that lack crystal are drying in a brown paper bag(not sure if there's any potency here, but I figure I'd dry them and try to bake with them), and the frosty ass trim from the buds is drying in an open tupperware container that I will stir daily.

I know I had previously said the NL would be coming down first but I just don't like the trichs on her. The Critical had a mix of about 25% amber, 60% cloudy, 15% clear. So far I really haven't seen a single amber trichome on the NL that doesn't appear to be just picking up color from the orange hairs. There's some cloudiness, but I just would really like a narcotic effect for nights. Perhaps the crit will diliver that.

The Aurora seems to be much further behind. Such weird growth, doesn't look like it will yield well. I can only pray the bud is as crushing of an indica as it claims to be. Especially as the NL test bud appeared to be a very head high dominate effect. Have still yet to try the Crit test bud that is dry. Think I'm gonna try that now in fact and pot results later.

Needless to say, this is no longer a micro grow. Bongsauce, and Omdogg, I really can't thank you two enough. Without your efforts, as well as all other contributing posters in the thread, this grow would certainly have been a failure. To be honest, never in a million years did I think I would succeed at growing my very own, sweet, potent, aesthetically pleasing cannabis. My friends and family members are in awe, no one thought I would succeed! My fathers eyes lit up when he saw the giant main bud from the top cola.

Well, all there is to do now is wait for the NL and Aurora to come down, then the tent will be free of flowering photoperiods, and i can go ahead and run my beautiful Diesel and Ice (currently in the MGP) under 20/4 and let them getting fucking HUGE, clone them and get there babies decent size and have them all in the tent, then I would clone a few more to put back in the MGP as mothers, and send the large diesel and ice, as well as their fair sized babies into flowering next to my fruit (and maybe the 2 diesel ryders depending on if I keep them. Really fucked up stem on one, will post pics another time.

I will be starting a new thread, not in MicroGrows, as soon as I harvest my other 2 plants.

Sorry for the wallotext haha

Obviously harvest pictures are soon to come

TMNT
    licensed greenthumb

11. !! I'm so happy for you bud...it's very satisfying growing your own bud and getting out of the loop of buying weed.

You put in the work man...I wouldn't have stuck around if you were doing it halfassed ;) I try to help out alot of people and alot of them just don't get it. You get it. Like I've said before man I'm just here to help those that are willing to put in the work.

There's nothing more rewarding for me then reading a post like yours, where I can just feel the energy and excitement pouring through my screen.

12. Awesome! I wanna know the final weight after drying.

Next time when you shoot pics don't do it under the yellow HPS. I take mine into the bathroom and shoot the pics :) I have a pretty shower curtain.

13. Lookin damn good bro can't wait to see the harvest.

14. Drying the critical + in a large cardboard box, buds hung on dental floss (shits strong, used it to branches down while back). The box is out in the shed, with a cement base and no insulation whatsoever, it frequently reaches the low 50F's at night. They've been out there for 4 or 5 days now and look fine, not very dry yet. Thoughts?

The Northern Lights is coming down on monday. Would do it today but i work, and I'm going snowboarding tomorrow. Looks so fucking tasty. Didnt look at it for a few days and suddenly the hairs are so dark orange and have retracted significantly into the bud. FINALLY saw some amber trichomes on it. I swear, I'm in love.

15. 4-5 days they should be crispy on the outside...I'd try to get them some more airflow or raise temps a little. You don't want the drying to take too long or you can lose some flavor or risk mold.

16. The Crit is pretty dry now, the stems still bend though, not snap. Once they do, I´ll jar them up. Brought the Northern Lights down last night with some friends. Though the plant was much smaller, the harvests seem comparable. It is very orange, very very sweet smelling. Oddly, the Critical smelled fruity when I took it down, but now everyone agrees it smells EXACTLY like freshly cracked walnuts. Without question. It's fuckin weird.

Have the critical drying on one side of the box and the northern on the other. Have brought it inside, gonna cut a few flaps in the side and then stick a small fan next to it. The aurora is looking sticky as hell. Wish it would HURRY UP though. My diesel and ice monsters are ready to get out of the MGP. The fruit isn't doing as well as I'd like it to be, having been in the ground so long, it's not very big. Will stay updated as I can. Some pictures are in order when I find my nice camera. :smoke: