TM-7 , Ful Power etc. snake oil or fad??

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Stewart169, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Being new to the organic growing club I try to read older threads. When I see something that seems useful possibly I try to learn about it.
    I came across the mention of a product called tm-7 and a few others that seemed to be similar but most of it was in the last few years and maybe not as widely use currently. Was this the case or do growers use this still??
    I'm currently using fulvic acid i sourced off amazon with protek. About 1/4 tsp each per gallon of water premixed and I add about 1/2 tsp of aloe to the watering jug right before watering, alternating with plain water. Plus fresh ground malted barley about every other week.

Does anyone use the TM-7 instead of fulvic acid? Results??

2. The stuff from BioAg, the TM-7 and Ful Power are certainly not snake oil and very quality products, along with the Humi Solve.

However, I have not used them in years since it finally dawned on me that my homegrown vermicompost supplies all the humic and fulvic acid needed for my soils.

Haven't quit using it, just stopped buying it. One of the best things you can do is to start a worm bin for any sort of organic growing.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't you just love those ah hah moments Wet?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks. I don't mean to imply these products are snake oil and didn't mean it that way. Its just that in the short time I have been attempting this and reading back on things and topics that span a couple years or more trends and viewpoints change. Not drastically but like a lot of things whats in today isn't in tomorrow.

5. I give my plants ful power once a week and Tm7 only once a month. As the ful power I can't tell becuz I use it all the time... but the Tm7 is like crack. After I use it all my plants perk right up , not a single leaf drooping down.

But as stated above .... snake oils... as in if I stopped using them will I notice a difference ? Probably not and the more money I spend on these products the less I wanna use them...

6. Thanks for the feedback. At this point I'm just going to use my current watering practices. I can tell a difference I think when I use just plain water vs the amended water.
    My next grow is already planned for two plants and I'm going to water one with my current practices and one will be plain water the whole grow.

7. @Stewart169 I suggest you review the 'application rates' tech sheets for both products if you have not done so already. My takeaway is, if your going to use TM7 you won't need Ful Power because TM7 contains 10.5% FA which exceeds that found in Ful Power. TM7 also contains 50% HA (advertising info says it contains everything in Ful Humix plus the micro nutrients).

These are different products for different purposes. Suggest you contact BioAg directly and they will pleasantly explain this and give you some suggestions for use with container plants.

As was expressed earlier these products are for professional production of plants. Don't ever exceed the recommended mix and usage rates. In fact my suggestion is you use 1/2 of the recommended mix rate at twice the suggested time to apply until you see how the products works for you. I'll guarantee one thing; too much HA or FA in a container plant will most certainly disappoint. 100% slow death.....

Good luck. These are great tools. Learn what they 'do' and pick the best tool for the task at hand. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  8. After I get a few grows under my belt I may be ready to try other products but at this point I think I'm sticking with what's working now or what's at least not giving me any headaches and seems to be working for more experienced growers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks like I won't be buying ful power anymore ... looks like Tm7 has everything covered

10. That's the way to go about it. The end goal should always be to get the most bountiful harvest one can achieve in the most cost effective manner with a quality outcome. One can read over and over these many threads and journals and, I think, the most consistent and quality outcomes result from quality soil organic matter (SOM) in several different forms, a basic nutrient program that satisfies the needs of the growing plant, and quality water. Optimum environmental conditions assumed.

Also read below....

Please don't misinterpret that I'm discouraging use of any singular product. With BioAg products one needs to determine what their particlar need is and find the right tool for the job. Many of their products in this line 'duplicate' to a large extent one of the other products but also have something added.

FA which is the fractional superset of HA is a known biostimulant. HA itself is a known biostimulant. HA occurs naturally in a well tended to organic soil mixture. If the SOM is of a quality known source there is high likliehood that all the micro nutrients TM7 supplies in addition to FA and HA, one might think that the Ful Power is the right tool for a well balanced organic soilless mixture where someone wants to get some added Omph to their living soil. Am I making sense?

There are successful growers that use BioAg products that produce quality and repeatable results. Same applis to growers who dont use BioAg products.

Probably my main point is to read the label of the tool one is choosing to ensure the right tool, with no duplication (on this specific discussion) of other choices is being made.

Hope this all makes sense. Highly medicated right now on a successful harvest which included 4 applications at the lowest recommended dose per gallon of FulPower. I have no baseline to say it met or exceeded my expectations but I will very likely include some yet to be determined regimine of its use in my grows.

Cheers and bountiful harvests

11. @Possuum

I know you're not knocking their products, but the whole reason I went no till is to buy less things and when I first started I was buying alot... Tm7, ful power, protek, vam and slowly over time I see half isn't needed.

Over the last couple weeks I have really pulled back on all the supplements, and as far as I can tell my plants are the healthiest things you ever seen....

IMG_20160826_184820.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Beautiful @Triple6Greens That is cannabis at its finest right there. Awesome!

13. If anything id cut the tm-7 and continue with fullpower.

You could probably cut both and still grow your meds, but i think fullpower will give you more bang for the buck (think of it like a turbo charger for your car, you can drive without it but you will have much better performance with it), especially in a rich soil with worms where you already have humics so tm-7 might be somewhat redundant.

14. ....PLUS he's growing outdoors and NOT in a container. My caveats apply to container gardening. Outdoors, all bets are off and it's game on imo.

His plants look simply perfect and reminescent of a afghani or himmy(?). No doubt some good things are growing on in the grow-bros....grow

15. @Possuum

Thanks man, and they are Mango Tango (true og x ( peaches x tangie ) 70/30 sativa

@Sc00byD00bie

You're the man but if you read right off bioag website, ful power is just fulvic acid and that's it. Now look at Tm7 they state that Tm7 is the same as Ful-Humix which is a concentrated fulvic and humic acid but they add 7 other micros to Tm7

Ask me Tm7 is a better bang for your buck also you use less

16. yeah but you dont really need to add humic acid in a rich soil populated with worms.

• Like Like x 1
  17. @Sc00byD00bie

... then again, do we actually need any of this if we got some thriving soil?

... snake oils

• Like Like x 2
  18. Need? No, but it does enhance performance and it has its value.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

19. Well after spending even more time reading here there and everywhere Im making a slight course correction. The Fulvic product Im using now is a somewhat suspect generic food supplement off amazon. It may be fine. But to make me feel a little bit better I did go ahead and order some Ful Power since its made specifically for plants. Its likely its the same quality as what I bought but like I said it will make me not question the quality of what Im now using. I don't mind spending a little money if it helps and for personal use growers like me considering how much money I will save over time on buying weed compared to growing its not a big deal.

It seems that Fulvic or FA, is something that can be used continuously so long as its not in large concentrations. I will use a smaller than recommended amount for sure. And I will still only use it every other or maybe 1 in 3 watering's. At those levels it cant hurt it seems and may help with heat stress. I have issues holding my lights on temps down to the low 80's with surface leaf temps 79-81.

The HA is something I really hadn't heard much about and like has been mentioned I have plenty in my soil already it seems.

Im going to continue this for the duration of my current grow in week 2 of flower. My next grow is already planned and will be 2 GSC from Cali Connection seeds. Im in a small tent so that's all I can do.
    But for the next grow one plant will be watered with plain water only for the duration of the grow. The second plant with plain water and alternating with FA, Protekt aloe and once every couple weeks add fresh ground top dress of malted barley.
    IF I see any drastic difference between them I will switch to whats doing the best otherwise stay the course till harvest. But first I have to finish up the single Blue Dream Im doing now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Stewart169 sounds like solid plan and no doubt you'll produce solid results. Get that base mix right (spm, SOM, areation), and ammend away. If you only can obtain a single rock dust I think the majority herein would nod in agreement that basalt would be the one rock dust you want in your ammendment tool bag. If you cant obtain a rock dust dont sweat it because it's not a mandatory ammendment, rather, it is an exceptional addition. FWIW, I use rock dusts but at half the most popular recommendations for 1 cf of soil (#7 smartie).

Good vibes your way and your experiences shared are equally as good as anyone else. Keep us posted.:smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 1