Titanium Space Case Review

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by blackbur, Sep 17, 2011.

1. #1 blackbur, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    Review for Small 2 piece Space Case.

If you don't feel like reading..just skim through Overall Experience.

I call this unit the Panther because it sexy,sleek and pulverizes anything that comes in contact with its teeth.

Pre-Purchase inspection-Before pulling the trigger, I did some research on polished aluminum and titanium anodized aluminum.I found that titanium anodized aluminum had increased corrosion resistance,surface hardness and adhesion which is important,bad grooves and teeth can be detrimental to the grinder.Anodizing also always for dyeing with is purely cosmetic but its great to offer something different because not everyone is a fan of raw aluminum color.Along with all that fun scientific stuff, anodizing also lets the aluminum stay non-stick which is great for those of us that have very sticky vaporizing material.

First Impression[Before Usage]-When I received my package in the mail the first thing I thought was wow, this thing is compact.I opted for the small space case 2 piece, because it was cheaper and vaporize by myself mostly so I don't need to be grinding vast amounts of material.It was pretty shiny and it had a nice weight to it, wasn't too heavy but it wasn't to light.About the weight of a tangerine, which is good I could carry it in my pocket without a huge protuberance from my jeans.Teeth are sharp, sharp enough to cut my fingers if enough pressure was applied which I liked, no one needs a dull grinder.

Appearance/Aesthetics-For a grinder this thing is pretty sexy and streamlined, I was amazed at the sheer size and attention to detail on it.The laser engraved Space Case Brand name on the top was done perfectly in bold lettering.Small braille like milling on the top and bottom, to provide a nice grip when grinding. Sharp blade like teeth and milled grooves to show where the teeth travel.Decent Quality O-ring to keep the friction between the top and bottom non existent and to keep the metal from wearing away.The black anodized aluminum has a very nice sophisticated look to it, I almost feel like its necessary to wear a monocle while grinding with this badboy.

Design-
    Its a grinder, its main purpose is to grind material until its to your satisfaction, with that being said it does an outstanding job.
    The blades are dangerously sharp and the grooves ensure that teeth will never collide,while supplying enough space for material to be ground proficiently.The milled bumps on the top of the grinder and the bottom half, gave each piece an incredible amount of gripe, i never found hands slipping while grinding.Also when holding i always had a nice grasp on the grinder, still haven't dropped it to this day..knock on wood!.Everything is the right length(teeth,top and bottom pieces) so you will never hear the dreaded screech of metal scratching into metal, which is pretty common in cheap and mass produced grinders.
    Also there is a magnet inside the top of the grinder so that everything is nice and secure for traveling and keeping things tight.

Performance-I selected a 2 piece grinder so my vaporizing material stays fresh and all the oils,pollen and flavors remain as a collective, instead of being separated, which usually happens in grinders with multiple pieces(3-5pc).This grinder does an amazing job at grinding my material down to a nice coarse consistency which i find most desirable when vaporizing, it provides good air circulation which allows for proper vapor cloud conditions.If material is ground too finely than it may vaporize and fall through the stainless steel screens, creating an unnecessary mess. If the material is too chunky than the air circulation will become too contricted and you will experience a hot spot while vaporizing and that can lead to combustion.Hot spot is when all the hot air is focused through one spot vaporizing it fast,leaving the surrounding diameter unvaporized.The magnets keep both top and bottom together and are great so theres no need to worry about your material falling out.
    The teeth instantly shred through anything in its path,i never have to apply extra elbow grease to get through difficult and dense material.All the motion required is in a couple flicks of my wrists.

Overall Experience-I'm glad I got rid of my cheap 3 piece and spoiled my self with a 2 piece space case. My vaporizing sessions have become a lot more enjoyable, because the vapor quality is a substantially better. Also I'm finding myself using less because of how well it grinds,I'm making the best out of less.It takes me back to why i purchased a vaporizer, to enjoy the taste and flavors of my material.I highly suggest a 2 piece space case to anyone looking for a cutting edge grinder that will provide more coarse grinding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have 2 space cases, this review won me a medium sized one in a contest.

2. Nice! A most excellent review. I am in love with my medium 2 pc Ti Space Case. There is not much I can say other than what you have already said. Feels great in hand, shreds anything without a struggle, smoothest grind I have ever had and it just looks damn attractive. Definitely top-tier grinder for a vaporist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice purchase, nice review.

4. Thanks for the link! I think I'm going to go with the small one as I am never pre grinding large amounts. I am getting too damn worked up over this, grinding with the mflb oem grinder to get a fine grind is getting old quick.

5. Excellent review...The only thing I would add is they come in Magnetic and Non-Magnetic.

6. I've had a medium 2 piece titanium SC for some time now and it's the best grinder I ever had. I love mine. How do you like the medium compared to the small? If you are solo vaping I'd imagine the small would do the trick nicely. I think I could grind a rock down to sand with mine. I'd really like to compare a SC with a Mendo Mulcher to see if the MM is as good.

7. It works pretty well, i rarely use it cause i don't need a lot ground up.
    Would be great if i was about to chef something up or maybe make concentrates.