Titan Helios 2 - Light Controller keeps resetting attached digital timer

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Buddz 83, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Hello Blades :wave:
    I recently upgraded my setup, brought in more power and installed a light controller.  I opted for the Helios 2 light controller for various reasons, one being that it did not have the built in timer and instead had a "trigger cord" for which you can attach your own digital or mechanical timer.  I figured this would be better in the event that the built in timer stopped working, I wouldn't be out a light controller.  In hindsight, I may have been better off with it.  

The problem I am having is that the Light Controller is resetting the stored data within the digital timers I have tried so far.  One time, actually turning lights on halfway through the dark period :mad: And when I use the mechanical one, it seems to be turning on/off with a 5 minute variable.  

I sent an email to Titan about the issue and haven't gotten any suggestions back.

Does anyone know of any "protected" digital timers? Or a digital timer you use in a similar setup without any issue?

Does anyone else use mechanical timers and notice a "swing" in the on/off times?  How many minutes do you suppose is safe?

Thanks guys, this has been a stresser and a pain in the ass.  I've been monitoring and tracking every light on/off since I had the lights come on in the middle of their dark period and I had to switch to a mechanical timer:( :wave: