Tired of the propaganda!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iDontSmokeBlunt, Aug 21, 2010.

1. About cigarettes!

I can't stand the "One puff and you're addicted" or "ten cigarettes will kill you" commercials.

And all the bullshit about how there is rat poison in cigarettes. There isn't. There are some chemicals in there that match some elements commonly found in rat poison.

It pisses me off that people think I'm some kind of bad person because I have a couple cigarettes a day.

Every time I decide to step out and have a cigarette, there's either some young douche looking at me like I'm some poor addicted soul in need of help, or an old couple looking at me like I'm some kind of rebel because I'm smoking.

end rant

2. What makes nicotine so addictive is that it causes the secretion of dopamine in the brain (causing a feeling of euphoria) and it's effect on the memory. Nicotine increases memory, so when you combine the release of dopamine and the improved memory caused by it, that is essentially what makes cigarettes so addicting. Basically cigarettes make you feel good and remember really well. You remember the good feeling of a cigarette and that is what causes the craving, and therefore the addiction. But by no means should one puff cause an addiction. And ten cigarettes killing you? No, that's a hyperbole. Although, I have heard that some people have gotten cancer from just one cigarette.

Well derp. But do you know what these chemicals are and what they do to the human body? I don't know what chemicals they are, so I can't really say anything about this.

Do people tell you this or do you just get that vibe?

Again, how do you know what these people's thoughts are. Maybe they have lost people to lung cancer or some cigarette related death. Unless you know what they think when they look at you, you don't know what they think when they look at you. Maybe you subconsciously see yourself as some poor addicted rebellious soul, but then again I can't tap into your subconscious and see your thoughts.

3. I hate the smell of cigs.

4. Smoking alot can kill you, but I think thats the people who smoke packs a day. I smoke 2 ciggarettes a day, max. a 5 dollar pack of newports lasts me alittle over a week, And i usually dont buy another pack for another 3-4 days after i run out.

I believe a lot of people just have an addictive personality, and im not one of them. Ive been doing this for 2 years now, and I dont have smokers cough, my lungs never hurt, i never cough up blood, my teeth are white, and i dont consider myself "addicted".