Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tired feeling the next day

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alex1127, May 26, 2012.

1. It seems like every night I stay up late smoking a lot I feel groggy and kind of unmotivated the next day. I also feel a little shaky and weak. It's like a weed hangover. I know this is pretty common, but sometimes the effects linger and don't go away until I take an extended t break. Anybody know why this happens?

2. My theory is it's the leftover THC that was absorbed by your body and there's still some left in your blood stream, I know what you're feeling I feel it daily because i'm a daily smoker but I can't stand it.

3. The first thing that you should look into is getting a healthier sleep schedule. Change some habits up and get a fuller night's sleep, waking up at an appropriate time.

Overindulging in anything can lead to an exhausted state if it's done right before bed. Food, water, smoking, drinking. Not necessarily the solution, but something worth not overlooking.

4. Do you have a good sleep sched? Like above said, sleeping sched is important! I used to have the worst sleeping sched(go to bed at 5-6AM, wake up at 3PM) and when I smoked, then the next day I would have a weird dazed feeling. Once I started on a really good sleeping sched(sleep at 1AM, wake up at 9AM), I'd wake up perfectly normal.

Definitely give that a try

5. Im confused, Are you telling him to cut back on sleep?

6. I had this problem until I started smoking indica's at night. My guess was the sativas were preventing me from getting REM sleep.

I'm very blessed I can decide whether to smoke sativas, indica's or even a good 50/50 or 60/40 hybrid.

7. You gotta start toking everyday buddy

8. drink a lot of water before you go to bed/when you wake up. eat some fruit.

9. When my tolerance was quite low I used feel a bit groggy in the morning but now I'm all good.

10. Good advice guys, I have a really shitty sleep schedule so it's good to know it's not that serious

11. The only time I've ever had this was with an ABV firecracker. My eyes were still bright red when I woke up.

12. It is a combination of residual THC affecting your D1-CB1 receptors (“marijuana hangover”), and general exhaustion from staying up too late to smoke!

If you get proper sleep the “hangover” won’t be nearly as bad. In fact, most people find the generally mellow inner peace relaxing and enjoyable.

How long it takes you to return to sobriety will depend on a few factors, such as: the potency of the cannabis ingested, the amount used, and your own unique neurochemistry. Some people remain “hung over” for only a brief time while others can experience it for hours.

If you are a medicinal patient I would suggest you speak to your provider about using a tincture high in CDB. Some people experience lasting wellness and pain-relief for days with just one infusion. A high CDB-over-THC content will also reduce, if not outright eliminate, feeling ‘high.’

Peace.