Tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RickayBoooby, May 8, 2017.

1. Hello people of grasscity! I've decided to give it a go at growing some of my own green outdoors. I'd like to have a good estimate of how this is gonna go, so.. would any of you lovely people give me advise on my current situation and answer a question or two? ;)
    What I'm working with :

-3 year old bag of some good ole miracle grow (I know, I know, time released nutes, burns, yatayatayata.)
    -26 gallon clear sterilite toat with holes drilled in the bottom & sides for drainage and air flow
    -3 x Special Kush 1 auto from Royal Queens seeds
    - no pH meter
    - 6-7 hours direct sunlight, about 4 indirect so 10/14 light schedule
    - I will be leaving for vacation which will be around 7-8 days during either the 2nd or 3rd week of veg or the 1st week of flowering and I'm worried that not watering for that long will create problems
    ------------
    Would planting seeds straight into the miracle grow be a risk or should I look at a different method of germinating, if so what would be the easiest/safest method of doing so?

How do I defend from bud rot during the summer as the humidity gets pretty high where I'm at?

Preciate it!!

2. If you know how bad its going to work out for you, then why use it? Not trying to discourage you but maybe invest in a better type of grow medium.

Oh and if you want really simple way of germination use a product called "rapid rooters". Its very hard to mess up with these. Just be sure to plug up the hole at the top with a piece of rooter. I haven't had one seed fail to germinate with these :)

3. I am growing with about the same hours of sunlight you have mentioned, so don't expect a huge yield from these autos mate. They do give good buds but nothing compared to what people get from controlled indoor grows with LED's, HPs and what not. I have grown about 3 different strains now with similar light conditions and my biggest plant was about a foot and a half.

Don't drill too many holes in your pot. As you mentioned, if you are going out for 8 days, more holes will cause your soil to dry out quicker.

Also, I normally plant the seed straight in to my potting mix, but if the soil is old, I would rather fill the top 2 inches with some fresh Coco and pop the seed in to the pot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. best tip i can offer at this point is don't do this... especially since you obviously know better.

5. You have a good point, but I'd rather not spend the extra on soil as I have no intentions on growing perfect buds on my first go and as from what I've read it doesn't seem to be all so bad just not ideal for it

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

6. I planned on drilling 3 in the bottom, 1 in each short side and 3 in the longer sides, will this be too good? Also, how much did you aquire from your harvest?

7. I would suggest about 4-5 holes at the bottom should be enough. Sides make the soil dry our real quick.

Also, the pic is of my first harvest of auto jack herrer grown in similar conditions you are growing in. But this was the biggest plant. There is no reference point in the picture but you can take the biggest bud to as big as a palm of a 6 foot male. [​IMG]

8. I honestly had no idea of what to expect yield wise but that gives me a solid idea actually. Optimistically, between 3 healthy girls that'd be plenty quantity of flower to satisfy my green thumb and keep me stoned for a bit I'd say haha. as to what kind of medium did you use for these though?

9. Yea, buy make sure they receive as much light as possible at all times. I used Coco with compost. No soil.

10. It's a self made mix of Coco, compost, perlite, vermiculite, fish manure