Tips to lower humidity in a small tent.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ZTS, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Hey, so i'm in my 4th week of flower and can't seem to get humidity under 60%. After i water it goes as high as 65%-70% for a day.
    So far i have no white mildew or bud rot but i'm worried about loosing my crop.
    There's great airflow in the tent.
    I can't afford a dehumidifier at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you can raise your room temp that will help lower your humidity. If you have good airflow you will probably be alright. Also if you haven't noticed your humidity will most likely increase when your lights are off due to lower temps. Just something to add anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I just don't have any way of keeping the tent warmer. My light is already as close as it can get to my babies.

This might sound crazy, but would putting a layer of rice on the botton of the tent help pull out some of the moisture?

Yes i'm a noob.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. We all gotta start somewhere. Even the best growers were a noob at one point . Honestly though I'm not sure if rice will do much. Who knows though. I can't say because I've never tried it. If I have any ideas I'll let ya know. Maybe google has some info that could help . I think your crop will be fine though. That humidity isn't ideal for flower but as long as it doesn't get higher I think it should be ok. Maybe check it when the lights are out though because it will probably higher then.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I just bought a $30 dollar dehumidifier. Didn't know they made them so small and simple. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    I have so many dang bud sites I feel it would be a waste to not give them what they need.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Did it work

7. I was having the same problem. I got a little cheap dehumidifier and it helped a little. Extra fans help keep air moving which also helps. The thing is with us having tents is that we are constantly fighting the humidity in the room/house since new air is always coming into the tent. So you basically need to dehumidify your whole room the tent is in which is difficult

8. Agreed! My 2 and 1/2 by 2 and 1/2 by 5 foot tent required me to put a 50 L dehumidifier in the room in order to maintain 50 to 55% humidity in the tent.