Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips to cut down on smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PuffyTheDopeSlayer, Jul 13, 2015.

1. I've noticed in the last few months that I've been spending more than half of my pay checks on weed. I know I need to cut down but for some reason I'm having trouble. Any tips?

2. either start growing your own, or do more with your spare time. i bet you are spending more time vegging out lately instead of doing what you normally sould do. try getting out and going for a walk or something to take up that time you spend smoking. You can take a "tolerance break" which is what a lot of us growers do, after a while your body does build up a tolerance especially if you are using the same strain constantly. what I do, is try and vary what i smoke as much as possible, including ingesting rso oil - when i first started using oil i almost completely stopped smoking the first couple of weeks, even now I might smoke a bowl or two a day, thats it - the oil lasts a lot longer in my body, so i don't "feel" the need to smoke as soon, plus i am able to stay busier, longer, so i don't have extra down time with nothing to do - instant smoke time, and the biggest waste of my weed - if you are bored you are going to smoke whether you need to or not! So don't get bored, thats the main thing!

3. A few things that help me is using a vape to conserve weed more. Also I have found that hitting my ecig help reduce the urge to smoke flower.

4. Get an e-cigarette. Also, use a vaporizer; it's A LOT better for conserving weed because it gets you stoned using less bud. I'd suggest the Pax 2, which I've been using daily for the past 4 (?) months.

5. To be honest the ecig vapes don't work well.. Especially if you smoke a lot. Only way is to be firm and tell yourself you will only smoke during the night or couple times a week etc. I know its hard, been there done that.

Or, you can get rid of flower and just dab. Which could be cheaper in the long run but this will bring your tolerance to another level.

6. Well personally the e-cigs work extremely well as something to help maintain the habit without actually smoking weed. You can become addicted to the act of smoking as well as the effects.

7. Apologies. What I meant to say is the ecigs didn't work so well for me. And I've owned/tried many of them. It may work for others.

8. #8 Thicken Dense, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    I smoked all day every day for 6 years, would easily go through 2 grams in one shift at work. When I needed to cut back due to supply shortages I would just limit myself to smoking at the end of the day. You get used to it, it's not a big deal unless you tell yourself that it is.

Today is 5 days into a 1 month t-break and I used to smoke like a fiend. The mind is a very powerful thing, I'm experiencing zero withdrawals and not even tempted to open one of my jars (good job opportunity is my motivation). Setting a goal helps, but getting yourself into the right state of mind to meet that goal is equally important. Prepare yourself to be sober all day, accept it for what it is, and it becomes stupid easy.

It helps if your friends respect your decision to cut back, but if you're mentally prepared even that doesn't phase you.

Substitution might help if you're prepared to not be high after smoking an e-cig, and if that's the case you don't really need the e-cig to begin with. They are nice though, love my dual coil protank 3. Tasty gourmet e-liquid here: https://www.ahlusion.us/

edit: double post

9. For anyone getting into ecigs, do NOT buy CBD e-liquid. It's made using synthetic cannabis (which is why it's legal), tastes like shit and doesn't actually do anything.

10. I wouldn't know, never tried it. The link I provided doesn't sell CBD e-liquid.

11. It was relevant so thought I would share. Companies pretty much sell snake oil in the form of 'CBD e-juice' nowadays. They also try to bundle them with the cheap batteries for like £40 just to sucker you in a little more.

12. (1) Grow you a 1 or 2 plant closet grow .
    (2) The One most ladies pick, fined a guy with money and fuck the shit out of him, get married then 6 months later get a divorced and take half his shit "now buying weed is no problem!
    (3) Get a better job that pays more.
    (4)Just stop smoking so much.

13. Buy in mass quantities. So if you're spending half your check spend it half all at once. Don't buy a sack and than go buy another sack when you run out. Having this much weed might be tempting though so you gotta have some self control. Unless you get a great hookup where you can smoke till next pay check.

14. Get a higher paying job.