Tips on using boveda with different strains in a container?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by LindaPeterson, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Just recieved my first 10 pack of boveda 62 8gram and wanted to make sure I'm doing this right.

So I only buy oz at a time for personal use. Currently I have a oz (or what's left of it) I bought 2 months ago and is split between 2 strains. Both strain are separated by ziplock snack baggies but are both stored in the same black tightvac 1-6oz container for light weight stealth.

How would I go about using the boveda? Do I put a pack in the bottom of the container and leave a slight opening open on the ziplock bags or leave the bags completely open? Or would putting a boveda in each ziplock bag be better?

2. upload_2018-12-12_7-1-23.jpeg

Glass is best .

Something sized close to being full of weed with a Boveda pack in each jar.
    [​IMG]
    1/2 gallon jars with a 60 gram sized pack

If I don't have enough of 1 strain I cut a paper round and use that to separate the strains in the same jar.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Curing with Boveda is simple mate

1. Dry using normal method until stems break (ideally, a tiny bit further)
    2. Jar with Boveda. 4g up to 14g of flower, 8g up to 1 ounce, 60g up to one pound, one 60g per pound.
    3. Cure as long as you like, no burping required.
    4. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. was under the impression burping is still necessary as this releases the gases from the curing process as well as letting fresh oxygen in for the curing process to continue. the second half of the burping was to let out excess moisture so mold wouldn't grow and that part is what is covered by the boveda

let me know your thoughts!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    As you have bought your weed the use of boveda packs is for storage only

they work by sucking up all the moisture in a jar up to about 65%

hence you are fine unless you weed is green fresh

store in glass cookie jars is best

unless you mean the Spanish village just north of the Portuguese border? .,.lol

6. You can buy those little tiny mason jars in craft stores and at Walmart. I have a bunch of them since i buy a little of this and a little of that, all the time. It's hard not to in a legal state. I still put a boveda in the little itty bitty jar.

I put 2 in bigger jars.

7. Thanks for posting the amount of bovedas per weight of canna Paolo

• Like Like x 1