Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips on making edibles?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Antonacci44, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Hey I just bought 7 grams so I decided I want to try making some type of edible. I heard I need to make something called Cannabutter first. Is this required for every food? I want to make something quick like eggs or something. Plus I am guessing my house will smell awful after cooking. How long does the smell usually stay? I will have the house to myself all day this Saturday. Should that be good enough?

2. parental units don't want you stinking things up with your marijuana cooking?

damn...

just read up on how to make some "firecrackers" in a toaster oven and take it outside. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/emoticons_humor_divertido_msnanimal_com-96.gif

3. Do the firecracker sit-out method. No heat required. Look up the recipe online, however it takes a couple days/week to make them.

4. yes get a toaster oven and you are set. I got a toaster oven specifically for this reason lol....
    look up page 17 in badkittysmiles cannafarm thread that is pinned in the incredible edible herb thread. it gives instructions for a cannabutter/ canna coconut oil in a oven/toaster oven. all in all should take about 2 1/2 hours plus prep(grinding up the stuff, clean up/set up)

5. i wouldn't recommend using cannabutter to make eggs (fried, i'm assuming). the high heat would probably destroy the thc and other compounds right away, unless you did it at a super low temp. cannabutter is just one of the most common ways to make edibles because you can just substitute it for butter in any recipe. the thc stays intact during baking because it's less hot (protected by the food itself), and the baking process ramps the temp up more gradually than a hot frying pan. Your place prob won't smell that bad.

6. Buy your canna butter or canna oil from a dispensary. Then bake something with it. Have fun!!

7. #7 Cadillac08, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Well if you were able to do a double boiler method that would be the way to Go but you can't so sucks to be you and just smoke your 7 grams outside since you live at home