Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips on knowing my limits, avoiding bad trips and just general relaxing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dajazza, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Well I've experienced two bad trips in my weed smoking days and I gotta say it was so fucking embarrassing. First time on my bad trip i ruined my friends party and slept on the host's bed. Second time i had a bad trip i just plain fucked up hard but not as bad, but still. So I was wondering how do i avoid shit like this from happening again?

Also how do i know my limits? From my bad trips, I realise that i take too much in a short amount of time and on my first toke i just cough so much, to the point where it feels my lungs are filled with too much. Then i take another toke like 1-2 minutes later then after that i experience a bad trip.

Also any tips on just general relaxing and forgetting about negative shit? Even when i DON'T have a bad trip, on my first hit i usually have a racing heart beat, always checking my eyes to see if their blood shot, you know like being paranoid. I wanna avoid that and just chill out while blasting Gin and Juice on.

Please guys, all i want is a good time from smoking and no more bad trips. Thanks.

2. Smoke ONE bowl, wait 10 minutes. If you feel like you need another, go for it.

3. It's all in your head. I have started to have bad trips before many times. All you need to do is actually think about what you're freaking out about. Then... tell yourself how rediculous it is. Once, I freaked out super bad about cops showing up at my house because I heard a helicopter. And then I realized "wait... you're stupid... why would they send a helicopter to your house for smoking weed?" And then everything was all good, I turned on music, and just munched.

4. You're putting too much thought into this, it's not theoretical mathematics.

Smoke a small bowl, wait few minutes and adjust accordingly.

If you keep experiencing negative effects, weed may not be for you, or perhaps a different strain.

5. #5 A AnoesisOrange, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    Simply excuse yourself. You might feel like people are judging you or something but just get up and walk outside, or somewhere solitary. Breathe and try to relax. There is nothing to worry about and you have done nothing wrong. If I am not mistaken, the present will seem very crushing at times like these, but while the present is forever, this moment is only an instance. It will pass and you will be on your way. When the feeling creeps up on you again you will probably forget most of this stuff anyway and go in to freak out mode. You may feel a tingling at the back of your consciousness when you do, and this is a horrible feeling, almost worth dying to alleviate, but just use it as a reminder to remove yourself from the moment physically and mentally and hopefully you will be able to get a more objective and practical viewpoint of the present moment. If it keeps happening and nothing works, just keep smoking on the reg until it goes away lol

As far as controlling the physiological effects, just slow down your breathing a lot, focus on your breathing and on slowing your heart rate down with your mind (sounds dumb right?).

6. I've gotta agree -- take it slow when you're smoking. Wait a few minutes between tokes. It's sort of trial-and-error to find your limits (just like with alcohol, really).

And as GodGaveUsWeed said, a lot of it is "mind over matter." His tip is a great idea; another is to think about "what's the worst that can happen?" That's a strategy I use in my everyday (high or not) decision-making...once you realize that the "worst-case" scenario still isn't the end of the world, you can deal with the more-likely scenario.

I know it's hard to convince yourself that everything's OK when you're freaking out, but just take a moment to breathe slowly & deeply (in through your nose, hold it for a few seconds, out through your mouth slowly) and remind yourself that everything will be fine.

7. alright, you explained how to get off the paranoid part, but what about the racing heartbeat? I know I get it off by talking with my buddy, but what do you do?

8. Don't smoke around lots of people. A basement with some chill music and friends is the way to blaze.

9. Only on this forum do I see people talking about tripping on weed. Am I the only person this hasn't ever happened to?

10. happened to me once i thought everyone around me was being held up by little men on ladders..shit was crazy

11. like me, some people just have anxiety which can complicate their smoking. in my first year of smoking, i constantly had panic attacks. i noticed it helped being by myself, and that other people made me nervous. i was always feeling self-conscious when i was high, to the point of it leading to me having a panic attack. they're horrible. try just not smoking for a while, and going back and trying again, smoking alone, smoking less, and spacing out your hits. also if you're smoking blunts, that affects some people negatively, too. i have asthma, and when i smoke blunts, i have panic attacks and asthma attacks. but not when i smoke anything else, really.

12. I get it off by jerking it vigorously.

13. Honestly, I still feel like that's largely "mind over matter." The more you think about your heartbeat, the faster it's going to seem, and it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy (i.e. your heart may beat faster because you're anxious about the feeling of it beating faster).

The body is amazing at self-regulation to keep things working properly. Just breathe and take your mind off of being paranoid or your racing heartbeat, and you'll feel better. :smoke:

14. Dude this is weed not lsd

15. Smoke slowly. Don't take a bowl to the head in 2 mins and spark a joint. Take it slow.

16. Lol just chillax man. Don't worry about if your eyes are red. Or if your high. Just be like fuck i'm hiiiiiiiiiighghghgh and chill lol. Thats the only way i can explain it. Idk how i just do it.

Like if im super budded at school i might get a lil nervous. But i'll just be like who gives a fuck? Nothings gonna happen. I don't give a fuck what any of the other faglars think of me. And theres pretty girls to talk too ya know?

17. You could always do what I did and smoke a lot...Must be magic or some shit, because I've never had a bad trip.:cool:

18. So whats some good breathing techniques? My heart races so fucking fast some times. Two bad trips has labelled me at school by some dicks as a lightweight in weed... i'm thinking wat the fucking fuck?

19. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYo6TcNBIW0[/ame]

This will explain alot of your questions about marijuana enjoy and learn.

20. You know, there's just not any way to teach anyone how to know their limits. You just have got to get the feel for it yourself. This will come with time...

Some might say one bowl. Two, whatever. But the bowl seize and the strenght of your herb decides these factors as well...

Try smoking a bit. Do you feel okay? Are you relaxed? Is this the high you're looking for at this time? Do you want to be higher? Try feeling these things out...

Remember, you're not trying to get sky high every time! Sometimes, it feels good to be relaxed...

Ro prevent a bad high, smoke only where you feel comfortable! I feel comfortable a lot of places... Some do not.

I hope you figure this out, and happy smoking!

- Serenity