Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips on keeping weed fresh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by modusoperandi1, Jan 3, 2018.

1. So I have been keeping in mind that I have a pretty huge stash to begin with and I need to find suitable long term storage for all of my herb which I'm pretty snobby about. I stocked up plenty before the new prop 64 took effect in California since I don't believe in the damn tax to begin with on what would be considered my medication? I have a large Tightvac I picked up to keep it stored away but have been thinking if keeping the weed stored in the receptacles dispensaries would place them in such as medicine bottles and zip locks. I have been considering buying lid jars with a rubber seal to keep the air in and placing a moisture absorption packet on the lid but concerned about it drawing the moisture out from my herb. Then I also have seen glass jars with tough plastic caps as well as Mason jars. Thoughts on the matter? Was used to keeping a small amount of herb at home and now I'm trying to keep my stash fresh and tasty. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

2. I keep mine fresh in large solid jars with the hinge and gasket.
    The clear glass ones are nice too for displaying your bud, but keep those out of direct light.

18CEF552-C766-46CC-888E-374649D397D3.jpeg 95E2F9BC-4522-4754-8D7C-94C61BC2951B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Sanez, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Boveda 62 packs seem to be the standard for long term storage.

I just pop one in each jar/container and find it makes a huge difference. Also keep dark and as air tight as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Boveda 62 is to wet. Go with their 58 or there's another company calles integra boost that makes 55% humidy packs. Get the right size for the container you will be using.

5. I've had very good luck keeping cannabis fresh by using 62% Boveda in half gallon mason jars under vacuum. You want the rubber seal.

6. I have about 4 ounces which I will keep in ounce containers meanwhile I'm considering using jars like the one I added to my post. It's a sample I received from a grower and it's held the odor inside no issues. It's for the various 1/8ths I have in my stash. Most rubber seal jars I have found in bulk come in larger sizes only 1 ounce. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've always used 62s up until recently. I was a big fan, even though a bit to moist. However the newer boveda 58s and even the integra 55s are much better. Give them a shot sometime. B oveda recently came out with the 58s after the demand from cannabis growers and consumers for a dryer pack then the 62.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Awesome I'll check those out and I had various 18ths I stocked up on prior to the new year here in Cali. They're drying out and I have them all in a large Tightvac container and was considering placing a pack in it to get some moisture going in the container. It houses a little over 20 dram bottles and they're pretty dry already. I use a dry herb vape and it works just as efficient dry herb.

9. I'll keep a few tags end of this strain and that around and toss them all in a 1/2 gallon mason jar with one of the big boveda 60 gram pack and it'll keep everything in the jar at 62% as most all containers leak air it'll stabilize all the smaller containers inside the big jar.
    Keep it in small jars or even plastic bags it doesn't seem to matter as the pack keeps it all good.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1