Tips on how to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tensa187, Nov 15, 2014.

1. #1 tensa187, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    I'm new to growing weed can I flower like this? One friend told me I need to cut the crown at the top so the other branches can grow is this true?also can I use 3500 or does it need to be 2700 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416011073.887340.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416011087.819641.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416011098.066634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. defo transplant, trim or anything that will cause stress do it before flip i would say

3. transplant to a bigger pot? And trim what? And how do u stress? Does this mean I need to keep vegging for awhile more I'm not getting desperate I just need to know what I'm doing so please explain

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If you are going to top her then give her a week afterwards to recover before putting her into flower bro. 

And you will get better results if you give her more of the flowering spectrum light....she will still flower without it, just not as productively. 

5. yes you might need to get a bigger pot 5gal would be nice, trim any lower buds sites if you dont want popcorn buds at the bottom on lower branches, all these things put stress on a plant, if you do this in flowering it could cause hermie so whatever you choose give it a week to recover then flip, do some reading on flowering and you wiill understand more. goodluck

6. If you want to flower that plant asa[p just transplant into a larger pot, tie the top down using a bamboo stake so the plant is horizontal, then you can flower in a week. What I would do to maximize yield is do what i just stated then top all growth tips once the plant is tied down. Then wait two weeks to flower. Google FIM technique if you decide to go this route.Do not top a week before flower definitely wait two weeks for the growth tips to establish themselves.