Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

tips on getting to sleep without weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DIPSCHMIDT, Apr 6, 2011.

1. For some reason I stress about sleep more than anything in my life, and when I toss and turn in the middle of the night and get frustrated because I can't fall asleep I end up staying awake even longer. For about 4 months I smoked weed before I went to sleep and I've gotten extremely used to that, but now that I'm on my T-break it's difficult. 2 nights ago I feel asleep at 9:30, and last night I couldn't get to sleep 'till 12:30, that was the last time I checked the clock.

I went by pretty much the same schedule too; I went to class, worked out at 12pm, and ran 1.8 miles at around 3:30pm or so. The only thing I did different yesterday was I drank a 5-hour energy Extreme before working out, took a protein drink after working out and a protein shake after running, and went running at 5:30pm. I was in bed both nights with lights off by 9pm. Do you think it was the running 2 hours later that effected this? Because I really don't think a 5-hour energy can carry on for 10 hours, but I won't take one today and see how I feel tonight. If these aren't the reasons why I cant fall asleep at night, anybody have any idea on what is the problem or some really good tips that work well?

2. Exercise more often, I sleep like a baby EVERYDAY even with out weed.

3. Work out right before bed, meditate, focus on your breathing. Helped me sleep last night :)

4. there are no tips. And unfortunately, I think me and you fall asleep the exact same way. Because what you described is very similar to how I feel when Im in bed.

Weed is the only fucking thing that makes me sleepy.

Let me repeat, sleepy.

I can fall asleep without weed, but it usually takes an hour of stairing at a ceiling before I "shut off". I call it shutting off, because theres no yawn, or visible sign of drowsyness, I just feel like my brain flipped the "sleep" switch.

I work out, i read, I do school work, and I have a job.

I've tried everything, but nothing makes me "sleepy"

Well. Women do. I can only fall asleep comfertably with a woman next to me.

So theres one thing.

5. #6 DIPSCHMIDT, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I lift weights for 45min every weekday and run just short of 2 miles in the afternoon, how do I need to exercise more?

6. #7 DIPSCHMIDT, Apr 6, 2011
    We are the same person, literally. I would try sleeping pills but I don't want to get hooked on them, or take them to a point where I can't sleep without them.

7. 1. touch penis
    2. ejaculate
    3. zzZZzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz like a baby

8. Whoa, you go to bed at 9? Thats like the afternoon to me.

9. drink alcohol. You'll oversleep.

10. Yeh lol.

Fuck I'd be happy if I could fall asleep at 12:30. That never happens. And when I don't have weed I toss and turn untill 2 or 3 in the morning.

You should be happy lol.

11. Have you tried masterbation?? It actually helps.

12. Honestly, going to bed SO early might be part of the problem.

If I try to go to bed early, I can never get to sleep and like you said the whole you get even more frustrated and then can't fall asleep even longer.

I always try to wait until I am really really tired before I even get in bed.

13. 1. Close eyes
    2. Don't think about anything and relax
    3. Make sure you are still doing step 1.
    4. ???????
    5. Profit.

14. personally i like to listen to ambiant music, and meditate for about 15 minutes before bed...helps me greatly

when i say meditate, im laying down on my back in bed, but instead of just lying there, im clearing my mind. a simple way to do this is just concentrate on your breathing. breathe in 4 sec out 4 sec do this for 15 or so min. And remember your trying to clear your conscious mind, meaning thats NOT the time to go over your day or think about what your wearing tomorrow, simply clear your mind.

If you can do this, you will be in a completely relaxed mind state and will fall asleep without any problems

15. Melatonin supplements. It is the natural sleep hormone of your body. Believe me if you take some a night you'll be asleep in no time. It's not an artifical type sleep at all, you wake up feeling amazingly refreshed. Give it a try.

16. Melatonin pills have to small a dosage i feel.

But it is a natural healthy method.

No negative side affects, nor addictive properties.

17. yeah when i'm not smoking, bed before 12 isn't an option no matter what I do, but when im smoking, bed before 10 like every night lol
    in this situation it may be beneficial to exercise more then normal during your t-break, i've read some stuff that suggests that exercise increases cannabinoid molecules in the blood stream,
    in the past ive just taken 2 benadryl to get to sleep when i dont have bud, this can't really be that healthy,
    some people just can't get to sleep, i never started sleeping more then 7 hours at a time before i started smoking weed

18. man your upset about getting to sleep at 12.30?
    i understand you probably have a job to go to early....but damn

i try to fall asleep around 12-1 and sometimes stay awake till 3 or so :/
    i guess its the same boat your in, but shit what time do you have class?

19. #20 DIPSCHMIDT, Apr 6, 2011
    Are these sold at grocery stores?