Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

tips on conserving weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mystonedmind, Jan 2, 2015.

1. lately ive just been smoking way too much, up to an 8th or more in a day. this would be fine and dandy, but i cant exactly afford it, so then i have to take sober days which i absolutely HATE because smoking weed has become such a routine. i smoke about 20 times a day. 

should i use my vaporizer more? less? should i pack only snaps or should i just do a big bowl then wait a few hours? i generally smoke about 20 snaps a day and vaporize a bowl. im trying to cut back from this to about a gram a day, which is something i can actually afford. 

2. Smoke 5 times a day. Boom! Just stretched your stash 4 times further

3. #3 As Above So Below, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Don't smoke 20 times in a day...

I only smoke once or twice at night from a bong and a quarter can last me up to a month

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Buy in bulk and only smoke at night.

"Happy Early Turkey Day :D"

5. OP are you smoking swag? Try smoking some high grade weed. You cant smoke an 8th a day of that because you will be asleep most of the time. Good luck!

6. pay attention to how you're feeling when you smoke, and how much it takes to actually get you where you want to be. i was smoking whole joints, but recently realized i'm good after about half, so now one joint lasts me for most of the day. same with packing bowls; it takes about 3 'snaps' for me, way less than a full bowl.

7. Bro just smoke blunts. They conserve weed the best...

8. Smoke 20 times a day? Find something else to do with your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Ive had this problem for a while. Theres multiple solutions:

-weigh out 2g every morning and make it last all day
    -Work out whenever your not smoking. It will decrease your need to smoke.

10. lower your tolerance by not smoking for a while. if you don't do this, every time you smoke if you simply used less you wouldnt be high. so it's wasteful. low tolerance would get you high off .3

11. Totally agree with this. Do something other than smoke all day

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. Learn some self control.

13. WHAT?
    Blunts, joints and bong bowls consume the most weed, in my opinion.

How dare you speak harshly against those little blunts, they never hurt you!  But yes a vape is the best way to go if you trying to conserve the greens.

15. Don't smoke as much. Buy in bulk to save $'s. Try and take longer breaks to lower ur tolerance. Also what I do is save all my stems and I put them all in my grinders chamber, freeze it, then shake the hellz out of it, and boom... Tons of extra keif I didn't have before! Can also use the stems for cookin stuff

16. 1 Word : Vaporizer 

17. I smoke from my bong 95% of the time, because it is the best way for me to conserve bud, but I still smoke an ounce in less than a month by myself. 

18. Vaporize and as mentioned above practice self control.  IME waiting until the evening to consume will give you the best effect but who am I to say, I wake and bake every day.

19. I think many seasoned stoners come across this issue, not all, but many of us like to over do it.

I too, was at an 1/8th per day, and I wasn't making much money at the time either.
    I'd simply buy more, say an ounce, and ration it for each day, starting at 3 grams per day and less as time goes on.

Once I started making more money, I'd go back to eighths per day, and I would do the same thing, but to lower my tolerance. I was tired of needing a 0.5 bowl JUST to get me started, it's not that I can't afford it, i like being able to get completely ripped off a 0.25 bowl.

So for me, rationing exposed a weakness in me, will power. It forced me to control my will, which is beneficial for life in general, not just saving money or tolerance on weed.

20. for me one ounce lasts me about 3months but I smoke everyday and stay high all day too. I extract the kief from my bud then I vaporize the leftovers, get soo blizts and save a bunch of weed. .3grams of extracted leftover last me allday if I were puffy on it like 4 sessions for a bout 15plus hits each session. point there lasts me 2 days, and smoke the kief if I wanna get extra blazed at night