Tips of Seedlings Curling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Kashmere Weiner, Aug 8, 2017.

1. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything similar to my problem. My girls are about 3 weeks old under 2 24w cfl bulbs at night and put outside in the sun during the day when the weather permits it. The first nodes are perfect but the second and third set of true leaves are curing at the tips so bad that they make a perfect circle. Nothing else is wrong with them besides this. The first true leaves are perfect and growing just fine but every new node just grows in this circle.

2. Any chance we can get a photo?

3. Bad seeds looks like. How cold is the room? I doubt it's a leaf curl virus since it's showing that early.

4. I don't know if we can just claim it is bad seeds off the rip. I have had plenty of seeds ( that come from quality banks ) grow strangely at the beginning. Not much different than OP's pics and end up being fine. The leaves look healthy. I would give her some more time. I would bet that she will grow out of it in a few weeks and end up looking normal after a few nodes come in. I would get some more opinions, but I think your fine and you should just let it ride.

5. 74-80°. I don't live in a climate controlled home and the humidity gets up to 100% here at night and never dropping below 60% during the day.

6. The seeds are bag seed but the bud was fresh from Eureka Springs. I have 4 plants but these are the only 2 giving me any trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ahh I think it just must have something to do with early shock. Moisten the soil during watering and try to keep it moist all day.

8. I'll give it a try. Like mist the plants and top soil?

9. Yup. Ever seen a seedling nursery? They spray the whole thing down often and lightly. Do it just like that. Copy those moisture conditions.

10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Giving this thread some closure for futures sake. It took a little bit longer than the rest but after it got past the messed up node it started flourishing. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary and the pre flowers have came in with nothing but calyx and pistils.