tips of pistols turning brown and curling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newinhere, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Hi all. 7 weeks into a 10 week flower and I've noticed that under a magnifying glass the tips of many white pistols are begining to turn brown and curl as if they are dying. Is this something I should be worried about? Other than that, the plant looks pretty good.

Thanks for your advice.

2. that is normal ,
    middy

3. I guess I'm just a tad over cautious at this stage of the game. Thanks for the reassurance Middy.

4. The pistils turning brown and reseeding is a sign the plant is maturing. When 50-75% of the pistils are brown is when you should start checking trichomes. I don't like to harvest until 90% + of my pistils have changed color. If there are still a lot of white pistils it means the plant is still actively growing and packing in weight. Most people get anxious and harvest too early IMO. One of the hardest parts of growing is patience.

5. Wait it out for another 2 weeks. then you can harvest... you dont want all the pistils being amber ... remember that ... Well mjmamma knows whats up why am i even posting hahah

6. Thanks mjmama and Cannasmoke for your time in responding to my noob question. I really appreciate how helpfull the folks are here on GC.