Tips of leaves turning yellow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SirSmokesAton, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Got a few quick questions, first off I get this sort of white stuff on top of the leaves.. almost like salt stains on a shirt hahaha, is this from misting the leaves? Secondly just a few days ago the tips of the oldest leaves turned yellow soon to find out that the rest of the leaf will and dies. :mad: I checked when I planted it and it was at the 2 week mark. Idk where, but I read to fert it at about 2 weeks.. i didn't.. is this why it died? Whats the best fert to use? Lastly im not sure when to put the first bend in the plant cuz im gowing LST please help me with these Q's!! Thanks

2. Okay, first of all, putting up some pictures would be helpful.

there are a lot of different things that the white stuff could be. It might be something to do with spider mites or with some other pest.

I like Neem Oil spray on my plants when things look icky. But again, without any pics, I can't really tell what you're talking about.

With the yellowing of the leaves, it sounds like the plant isn't getting enough nutes. I think you might need to start adding nutes now.

The best ferts to use, in my opinion, is Advanced Nutrients. You might want to start with the Hobbyist Bundle first since that includes a bunch of things in one package.

Sensi A&B Grow, Sensi A&B Bloom, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Big Bud, and Overdrive is what's included. Lots of great results with it.

I think you have a lot of questions here and it seems like you might want to spend a little more time on the forums since there are a lot of people here who have already asked or answered these questions, I'm sure.

good luck!

3. it may just be a slight over feeding... get some pics

4. Okay actually im looking for a fert i could get at lowes or walmart thats the closest. And I know mites arent the problem idk its hard to explain i wish i had a pic but its already dead. Its kind of like this white salt? Its not a solid or a powder nor is it mildew. Okay, best way to describe it, do you know how when you sweat all over a shirt you see the salt run kinda thing? Its like that :confused: lol best way to describe. I got a 6'' pot under 3 6500k cfls with 4 fans total 2 in 2 out. I kept the plant 2inc from the bulbs and can someone tell me when I should put the first bend in my LST attempt?

5. and btw i water it about twice a day 4 days a week.. this okay? waterings is morning n night and its not a soaking but its a good watering

6. first off dont water during dark time.. not sure if you are..

you need to know your height limit, and go from there... i would start to LST asap as long as you are at like the 4th node.

7. I water once a week. I flood them, then I dont water till the next monday.. I think twice a day is not so good...

8. ?

i be watering every 3 days or so

9. Only water every other day at the most! once a week is even better!...twice a day is waaay too much....slightly yellow tips, if everything else is correct, indicate you've fed them to the max they can handle at that point, so back off on the nutes a little, but since your overwatering them so badly, it's hard to tell what's actually happening...if your misting them, stop! That may be powdery mildew your creating and if, so, you may as well throw them out and start over, cuz what your growing will be unsmokeable. I recommend you do some serious reading and learning and try again AFTER you've gotten some knowledge about it. Never put the horse BEHIND the cart, if you want the cart to do anything! First things first! Sorry dude! I've never sprayed anything on my plants leaves, not even water, and over the past few years, I grow some pretty decent schtuff...these are not rainforest plants! There is no need to ever feed these plants by spraying stuff on the leaves I've ever seen...you can do it if you want tho, but mildew and mold will be a big problem for you if you do. I've never even misted fresh cut clones, or used a humidity dome...most of the time all that is just not necessary to grow good weed. Best of luck on your future grows! Here's the best tip I can give you....Keep It Simple in every way! These are easy to grow until you or I make it complicated! Only do the minimum to keep them growing instead of trying to force them to speed grow and life will be easier on both of you.

10. Okay, and actually i've done a ton of research theres just stuff nubs still don't know after researching, this would be one of those things haha. Im using Sta-Green soil which did great! And I didn't give it any nutes yet that's why I ask should I have? The plant was 2 weeks old when it started yellowing and I read to give it nutes after 2 weeks of veg. Is this correct? And could someone please tell me a good nute to buy that I can get at lowes or walmart? I will only water once a week now making sure the leaves stay dry and the soil is soaked.. not a puddle but a good watering :D Thanks guys!

11. stop watering so often, water every 3-4 days.

12. I didn't give it any nutes yet that's why I ask should I have? The plant was 2 weeks old when it started yellowing and I read to give it nutes after 2 weeks of veg. Is this correct? And could someone please tell me a good nute to buy that I can get at lowes or walmart? I will only water once a week now making sure the leaves stay dry and the soil is soaked.. not a puddle but a good watering [​IMG] Thanks guys!

13. You probably should have depending on the medium... I wouldn't go to lowes or anything like that for nutes. Find your nearest hydro shop and get the good stuff