tips of leaves turning yellow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by afroman101, Aug 21, 2010.

1. my outdoor plant has been growing strong so far and its about a week into budding. I went out to water it today and noticed that the tips of every leaf has turned yellow. Its not alot of the leaf that has turned yellow just the tips. Does anyone know what this could be? I have a picture.. Sry for he poor quality, but hopefully it helps.

Attached Files:

2. Usually thats a little nute burn... how often are you feeding and whats your PPM of nutrient solution? If it is, it's nothing to stress about.. just hit it with PH balanced water the next time and don't give nutes. Nest time you feed give a lighter than normal feed.. back off a 1/3. Leaf tips will stay burnt unfortunately.

Are you in conditioned soil or just straight into the ground?

Also since your outdoor it could be extreme heat... where do you live? What is average temp?...
    But my money is on nute burn. Almost all of my crops end up with this a little by the time I harvest. I push them pretty hard with nutes. It's not going to kill it, just back off a bit.

3. what kind of nutes did you give it and how much?

4. My guess is that it is not nute burn but a nitrogen deficiency. When these wonderful plants start to flower, many times they develop a nitrogen deficiency since they are no longer in the vegetative growth stage and are using all their energy to flower. If your pH is off then the plants will have a problem up taking any kind of nutrients. A little blood meal or any other nitrogen rich nute should help green it up. Either way don't worry about it too much because when they bud the fan leaves will start to turn yellow and some will fall off anyway, good luck!

5. #5 trickJames, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    N deficiency would start at the bottom of the plant. and would effect entire leaves not just leaf tips all over the plant. By the time N deficiency hit the top of the plant there would be severe yellowing at the bottom....

If you keep hitting it with N and your having burnt tips u run the risk of N toxicity which will kill the plant, pretty much within a matter of hours..

Best course of action is back off the newts a little and see if it effects the plant negatively.

The burnt tips are going to stay burnt from now on.. nothing you can do about it.

If its an N deficiency (which it's not).
    [​IMG]

You would have an overall yellowing of leaves at the bottom of the plant and the veins would stay kinda green depending on severity, but it would not be isolated to the leaf tips. If you fertilize right,(follow directions on the bottle) an N deficiency is pretty much not going to happen unless you have a nutrient lockout situation due to PH.
    P.S. The rest of your leaves wouldn't be nice and dark green like that if it was a N deficiency.. They'd be turning a lime green color.. headed to yellow... That dark green color is a sure sign that they have plenty of N. DO NOT GIVE MORE N RIGHT NOW. YOU WILL KILL YOUR PLANT.

Just cut back on newts like 1/3 for the next feeding.. or just give plain Ph'd water. See if it shows signs of Deficiency.. Usually it will get a nice growth boost as some of the built up nutrients become diluted in the medium.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wht .Do u think about mines