Tips of leaves turning white?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcal0032, Mar 31, 2018.

1. I have just planted this purple bud feminised seed 12 days ago. I started this seedling indoors under CFL lights. I plan on growing out this plant outdoors, so I've been moving her outside on sunny days. I am also growing this seedling in a generic compost mix bought from the store.

Since the plant has not yet acclimatised to the outdoor environment, I am only leaving the seedling for approx a couple of hours. However, one particularly sunny day I forgot the plant out for a whole day. I am wondering if the whitening of the tips is due to light stress, or due to some nutrient deficiency? 29855973_840640589457652_1710192419_n.jpg

2. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated...

3. soil is probably too acidic. What is your runoff PHing at?

4. Hi, thanks for the reply. I just checked my runoff, it's between 6-7. I'm using litmus paper so I don't have an exact reading. I have recently fed her a dilute dose of miracle grow solution (half recommended strength). She seems to have responded well as new growth looks greener.

5. If youre growing in compost you wont need to fertilize often if at all.
    You gonna keep it in a container or end up putting it into the ground?

7. Don't use Miricle Grow.
    It's crap.
    Your plant looks like it only has 3 sets of leaves.
    Might be too early to be feeding it anything.

8. Miracle grow is catching on, they offer some decent products now for the budget grower.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miricle Grow is not catching on where I am.
    They are owned by parent company, Monsanto.
    They also own General Hydroponics, Fox Farms and a couple other companies associated with the cannabis growing industry.
    If you're using their dry pelletized fertilizer, it is a time released plant food.
    It stays in the soil and therefore in your plants too long and is very difficult to flush the accumulated salts from your grow.
    In other words, those chemicals are passed on to what you smoke.
    There are much better affordable options available.
    You can use things like composted chicken manure, unsulfered molasses, alphalfa meal, oyster shell, crab shell etc...

10. Just because hes using compost doesnt mean he wont need to add fertilizer. Miracle grow sucks. Ive used it many times in a pinch but only as a last resort. Just buy fox farms ocean forest. Its much better from my experience. I use general hydro nutrients. Ive tried a lot of different brands of nutes and soils. All have worked but im telling you the easiest way. I start feeding 1/4 strength nutes at about your plants size. Good luck either way.