tips of leaves turing brown..?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gar2e, May 22, 2009.

1. the tips of one or two of my plants leaves are starting to turn brownish only slightly..? Am i putting the light too close. i have it about 10cm away from the plant.?

Its 4 weeks old about 20 cm high, I was using a 100w high pressure sodium light, And the past few days i have switched to a 60w fireglow red light..

Any help...? :( thanks

2. lose the "fireglow red light" what ever that is. What kind of nutes? maybe cut back on those or add a small amount. Got air circulation? Put a fan on those babies. Also, check your pH, everyone says it all the time for a reason, it can make a huge difference. Don't expect the plant to change over night, wait a few daysand watch the new growth.

3. Uh... putting a HID light 10 cm away from a plant seems kind of foolish, so yeah, I would assume it's getting high amounts of heat stress.

And second... I have no idea what a "fireglow red light" is, but it sounds silly.

Do you have a thermometer to read the temps under your light? Do you have any ventilation to cool things down as the air warms around the bulb? Even a relatively small 100 watt bulb will put out lots of heat.