Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips: How to not fall asleep after blazing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DesiPrince1212, Jan 30, 2010.

1. #1 DesiPrince1212, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    Okay guys,

Everytime I blaze its AWESOME, obviously. But after like an hour or so I get so FREAKIN tired and feel like sleeping so bad but I don't want to sleep because if I sleep earlier than usual it'll fuck up my sleeping schedule. Keeping in mind, I use white widow which is a SATIVA strain, so it keeps me energized but as I as sit down to watch tv I am DOOOMED!

So you're probably thinking, well, dumbass don't sit down. But I wanna chillout and watch some tv after a hard day of work without passing the fuck out by 11:30. Any tips?

Thanks GC

2. Indicas are couchlock, they don't 'energize' you. If you just pass out sitting there not much I can tell you besides keep your mind occupied. My friend used to pass out every single time no matter what lol.

3. my bad bro, its sativa; not indica. yeah, what do you usually do? but i like blazing during the day but for us docs; not really an option..

4. Don't eat right after you smoke but make sure to drink water and eat something that has a decent amount of sugar to replenish the glucose reserves in your brain when you do. Coffee is good for this. If you do feel like you're gonna inevitably pass out set an alarm for an hour or so. You will wake up usually a lot less burnt out.

5. Coffee is good, depending on the time. The earlier the better, but if you're going to sleep in like 2 hours or so, highly advised against it unless it doesn't really have too much caffeine.

In my opinion, drink soda with caffeine, it has sugar and a little caffeine to help get you by. Just don't over do it and you'll be fine.

6. Just drink a soda or eat some candy. Keep your mind occupied even if you don't want to be active. Watch something interesting,play a game, jam? This is one of the reasons i started to play guitar. I would get high and have nothing to do.. so i would usually end up falling asleep haha

7. yea dude... tv kills me. i know you just want to chill, but just watching tv sober makes me tired. maybe try playing an instrument, reading a book, drawing, writing, etc... at least try something else. it might be kinda hard to motivate yourself to do something else if you're used to just watching tv, but it's much better IMO. like, i started working out high. it was pretty hard to first make the effort to do it, but now i do it regularly and really enjoy it.

or just try some video games. that's always fun. :p

8. try eating or drinking something with alot of sugar in it, sweet tea always works for me mmm....

9. Put on some really chill house or techno music on your stereo. Plus with sativa pure and sat dom hybrids you can really get into the music. That's what I do just because I love music when I'm high.

10. white widdow is only 60 percent sativa and it might not be pure white widdow. I know when I have a strong sativa the last thing i wanna do is sleep :smoking:. But I like indicas. Just don't watch tv. Get your bros together and go to waffle house or something. Always an adventure.

11. If anything this will make you crash, sugar doesn't energize you in the least; although caffeine will give you a boost.

Are you getting proper exercise? Not getting enough exercise will believe it or not, make you sleepy

12. Smoking cannabis dries up glucose reserves in the brain. All brain function is regulated via glucose. When these reserves are deplenished, you begin to burn out and have to replenish them by increasing the concentration of sugar in the blood to restore the equilibrium.

13. i would appreciate a source

14. get tolerance, smoke later on, and smoke less.

15. #15 LCM, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010

"Your brain cells need two times more energy than the other cells in your body.
    Neurons, the cells that communicate with each other, have a high demand for energy because they're always in a state of metabolic activity. Even during sleep, neurons are still at work repairing and rebuilding their worn out structural components.
    They are manufacturing enzymes and neurotransmitters that must be transported out to the very ends of their– nerve branches, some that can be several inches, or feet, away.
    Most demanding of a neuron's energy, however, are the bioelectric signals responsible for communication throughout the nervous system. This nerve transmission consumes one-half of all the brain's energy (nearly 10% of the whole body's energy)."

http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/carbs.html#brainenergy

"Memory formation and memory retrieval are subject to complex cellular and molecular processes. Increasing evidence exists that neuronal glucose metabolism and its control by the insulin signal transduction cascade are the main players in such processes. Acetylcholine synthesis depends on the availability of acetyl CoA, provided from glucose breakdown, and insulin, which controls the activity of acetylcholine transferase. ATP is necessary for both synaptic activity and plasticity. This is also true for APPs, the secreted derivative of APP. Trafficking of the latter protein is controlled by insulin and insulin receptor function also acting on activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated gene expression, which induces biochemical stimuli involved in synaptic activity and plasticity. Any damage in neuronal glucose metabolism and its control may, therefore, cause disturbances in memory function--as is found for example in sporadic Alzheimer's disease. Mimicking these metabolic and behavioral abnormalities in experimental animals, it was found that EGb 761 shows beneficial effects both on brain glucose and energy metabolism and on behavior."

Brain glucose metabolism and memory

---

High energy compounds like ATP and NADH are produced via aerobic respiration (not so much when smoking!) and the citric acid cycle (largely anaerobic) subsequent to glycolysis and pyruvate oxidation to fuel the metabolic processes of the brain. Use of cannabis serves to expend high amounts energy as cellular activity is fast tracked (increased blood pressure, neuroactivity, etc) and hinders this process of glucose conversion-- more glucose is then needed to upkeep a constant supply of energy for brain function.

Food and drink high in sugar content will cause the pancreas to secrete insulin and take glucose molecules out of the blood stream and store them within cells. The problem here however, is that neurons are not able to store glucose so a deficit can be incurred. But for short term reasons (to avoid burning out) the intake of glucose molecules (not a huge amount of sugar) into the blood stream will temporarily provide some much needed energy to the brain.

16. If you have some video games play those rather than watching tv its a lot harder to fall asleep when you're doing something and eat sugary foods

17. just keep yourself occupied if you find yourself getting so stoned you fall asleep.

occasionally it happened to me when i was starting out. i was probably just smoking too much. You might be too. Smoke less and keep yourself active. Getting high gets old fast when all you do is veg out on the couch/floor/computer/bed.

18. I CANT BELEIVE NO ONE HAS SAID VISINE YET!

for me its the secret. it releaves the ***** eye so youll be more alert. i can stay up all night if i use it if i dont after 3 hours im having sweet dreams