Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for saving weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FrankTheRabbit, Mar 22, 2009.

1. What's up guys. I've been smoking for two or three years already, but I've never really looked into ways I can save a little weed. For example, I know there are products out there, that help consume less weed. I usually buy 4 grams and I run out in one week and a couple of days.

I smoke at least two or three times a day and I know I'm doing a lot of newbie stuff. Burning the weed perhaps? I don't know, I just need some pointers :) I hope this wasn't too hard to understand, thanks in advance.

2. smoke less so you have more and less gets you higher.
    smoking with friends who dont hold is the quickest way to run out often.
    to me it seems like i use less weed with bowls and one-hitters then joints and blunts.

3. buy a vaporizer, or you can make one out of a lightbulb, it only burns the THC, it will give you a better high than a bowl would and only takes a little weed to get you baked

4. Yeah, smoking less was definitely the first option I was looking into. I got a couple of smoking buddies down here, most of them share their stash or smoke from mine. But there's one good fried of mine who doesn't smoke unless he's at my house. So yeah I guess enough of that bullshit or just regulated it a lot more.

Anybody else got more tips aside from "smoking less". Thanks Justtogetby :smoking:

5. #5 FrankTheRabbit, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    Dope, any particular vaporizer you can recommend? I've been looking through a bunch of cheaper options, but I'd like to get something good, that works.

Which reminds me, jusetgetby, said in his message that smoking less gives you a better high? I noticed the more I smoke, the less high I am now. So that's definitely not a myth right?

6. Pretty obvious one, but try to corner the bowl when your getting high. ;)

7. #7 DopeISmoke, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    i would recommend the volcano vaporizer but it costs like 350 i havent really found a good cheap vaporizer, if you want a good one you probably gotta spend at least 200 dollars on one :(

just a home made one works pretty good, it gives you more of a head high kinda like a good sativa bud.

and smoking less weed will just bring your tolerance down over a period of time. so you will get higher from less weed then you usually would

8. 1: tolerance break

2: don't smoke joints or blunts

3: take your time. Instead of smoking a bowl in like 5 minutes, take a rip then set the piece down. I usually am high enough after one rip that i'll either semi-forget about the bowl or find it very easy to tell myself to wait on the rest of the bowl cuz then you have something to look forward to. I'll usually smoke a bowl over like a 2 hour time period.

4: try to start smoking later in the day (night if possible). If I pack a bowl a few hours before bed, I'll just go to sleep when I come down instead of packing another

9. You're being pretty damn efficient already if you're smoking multiple times in a day and only going through 4 grams in over week.

10. +1!!!! i go through 4 grams in a day pretty much. i wish i could save like that

11. Make sure the friends you toke with either supply every other time, or buy you food or somthin. I have a buddy who never brings bud when we sesh, and when I deny him he smokes his own shit alone at home.

12. that 4 grams would last you at least 3 weeks if you get a vaporizer as mentioned above, i bought a vaporgenie pipe over a year ago and a gram lasts about a week, a day less maybe, to come out to about 10 bowls from one gram some haze maybe a bout 14 bowls:D

13. a vaporizer is your best bet.. if you're already using one, all you can really do is smoke less or maybe try edibles? you can't get much more efficient looking at high per gram..

btw volcano vapes are the best on the market. I use a vaporgenie and it works perfectly for smoking as discreetly as possible.

14. #15 Jarhead5153, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009

Yo I know exactly what you're talking about. I hate it when people do that. I never ask him to supply his because I don't want to be a douche to him, but honestly it's just common courtesy every once in a while to pack a bowl. I'm usually holding a zip or a half zip so i figure he feels just because I got a bunch of bud it doesn't make a difference to me. But courtesy isn't all about quantifiable things, it's just courtesy.

Edit: Also my friend does go home to smoke his own shit.... WTF? Doesn't make sense

15. I'm just using a standard glass pipe, so this is going to be the first time I use a vaporizer. I'm looking at getting one of these:

http://www.grasscity.com/is-bin/INT...yID=cVHAqAHAC8QAAAES3xsbgPtO&JumpTo=OfferList

It has been a long time ever since I get stoned as shit =/

16. Those same "friends" end up seeing you as the "go to" guy for getting high with out spending a single dime. I just hate it when my leeching buddy comes over, never supplies and then extends his hand asking for a toke. You don't want to be a "douche", but damn, we smoke three bowls everytime he comes over. Enough of that, he smoke every weekend, he should at least pay for a gram or two haha.

17. Exactly. Like, even if he wasn't generous and smoked me up with his stuff sometimes for a gram or two every so often I'd probably feel more compelled to tolerate it. But we go through 3-5 grams when we blaze, and YES I do have an ounce or two but NO it still isn't okay. Being the Go-To guy is nice, frankly I don't mind because I have the spare bud, but a little reciprocity even in gesture if not in substance would make me feel a little better, especially coming from a good friend who does in fact have the money to pay for bud. If he didn't have the money to pay for weed himself I wouldn't mind as much or at all, but this is not the case.

Edit: So... to pertain to the original topic - ways to save weed...

try not to exercise the one that I've just described my friend doing.

18. buy a smaller sack.

19. haha, i shall not exercise none of that bro, thanks.

Anybody? Should I get this:

http://www.grasscity.com/is-bin/INT...yID=cVHAqAHAC8QAAAES3xsbgPtO&JumpTo=OfferList