Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for saving weed, high tolerances and getting higher.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StreetracerGTR, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Hey guys as a daily smoker for 5 years i can say i know one little trick that has always done it for me. Hold your hit in as long as you possibly can... i went 60 seconds before.

Many people say oo it only takes 7 to 10 seconds for thc bla bla bla... but whatever, you having problems with tolerance hold your hit....it will get you baked :smoking:.

Try it out

2. ur a idiot plain and simple for holding it in for 60 seconds. THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL to do that. do you have any idea how many brain cells you killed? and it takes 3 seconds!! not 7-10!! my god! if you have been holding in your hits for 30 seconds for 5 years you might as well be bashing your head aganst a brick wall! it gets you higher NOT BECAUSE OF THE THC BUT BECAUSE YOUR FREAKING SUFFOCATING!!!!! you get light headed becuase if your lack of oxgyen! please for the love of god stop!

3. Some people just dont understand.

If you are really worried about getting all the THC out of the smoke, just hotbox somewhere. Its nicer on your brain and pretty fun.

4. lol yeah dude THC is pretty heavy so you don't need to hold your smoke in very long.

5. Cannabis does not kill brain cells... ever. Oxygen deprivation, on the other hand, does. I doubt you could voluntarily hold your breath long enough to deprive your brain of oxygen and induce cell death... but I could be wrong. It has been repeatedly demonstrated that holding your "hit" longer than a few seconds does not cause any more THC to cross into your bloodstream through the capillaries in your lungs. Maximum extraction of THC from smoke occurs in less than 10 seconds. This is a conservative estimate... most sources say under 5 seconds.

6. the THC does not but holding your breath for a minite does cause oxygen deprivation and thats what kills the brain cells

7. two words, fuck that

8. 60 seconds what the fuck? Ok, after 3-5 seconds, 98% of the THC is absorbed, possibly 2 secs longer for monster hits. After that, tar builds up in your lungs... and you also get a head rush, which is probably why you think your getting higher.

STOP what your doing and just take the biggest hit you can possibly take and hold it in for 5 secs max....

9. I posted this in another thread.

Buy a balloon and shotgun with it dolo. Blow your last hit into it, than inhale from it and blow the last hit in again. Make sure you breath some regular non thc air inbetween.

10. the only working trick i know is eating a mango 30 mins -1h before smoking

11. another good way is to take a T-Break! that way you save money for weed and lower your tolerance, then when you get high agian you will get HIGHER! its foolproof!

12. While you probably cant really hold your breath long enough to cause serious brain cell damage, you have to consider that he just took a breath that was full of smoke, not a normal breath full of air.

13. Dude everyone likes keeping more of the goodies but really mayne?

14. wut???

15. He's saying that it's not worth it. Everyone wants to get higher on here and tries to get more thc, but it's not worth killing your brain cells. Translation FTW.

16. lol ty

17. This shit sounds brilliant. Does it really make a difference in terms of getting higher off the same hit? Is there still usable thc from an exhale I hold in for 3-4 sec?

18. It definitely isn't causing brain damage even if you hold it for like a minute :)

19. So I never tried this with smoking, but I just tried it with a vaporizer and WOW, I'm getting :hippie:

20. Ok....so then there is still THC in the smoke you held for 10 seconds... so holding it means you get every last drop. I am not saying its good for you or anything...but when you have a super high tolerance its something different.