Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for quitting green and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by B_bunny, Dec 21, 2015.

1. To be fair Killset you cant say for sure it's all in his head. Maybe something else is causing he problems!

2. I know all about dependency and addiction. Been living it for over 30 years. Cannabis ain't shit. Irritability= in your head, insomnia= in you're head. There may be physical symptoms but the cause is in your head and will disapate. Just be strong minded for now and don't let the irritability cause problems with a loved one. Insomnia won't last. Unless you're an insomniac anyways, which in case quiting smoking isn't the cause.

Bad stomach. I'm the king of bad stomachs and I torture it on a regular basis. Cannabis does help calm my belly but so does a shit ton of other things. Just have to find what works for you.

3. Woke up after 3 hours completely drenched and soaking in sweat whilst sitting in a heavily aircondtioned room.

Probably just in my head though.

4. Is the guy being sarcastic or what?

5. So I don't have experience quitting cannabis (or anything for that matter) but my brother tried quitting several times. The first two he went from being a heavy smoker to stopping cold turkey, and both times he exhibited symptoms similar to you besides the nausea. The third time I got him to progressively smoke less and less until he felt fine stopping completely, because I figured it would take longer but have a better result long term, which it did. So if your need to quit isn't especially time sensitive I guess I'd suggest that

6. #47 B_bunny, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
    Thanks for sharing your story Wilbury.

I am starting to agree with you that it might be the best course of action.

At 36 hours "since last toke" I started to get insane cramps and pain in my stomach. I started vomiting bile as I hadn't eaten yet. Even after eating (which usually resolves the issue) I continued to vomit violently for the next three hours.

Pain got increasingly worse and the vomiting wouldn't stop so I folded and had two bags from the volcano and ate a strawberry and 20 mins later, symptoms completely gone.

I don't really know if this means it is caused by the gastropathy or the withdrawals at this point but my doc is sending me to the hospital for injections to counter the vomiting and dehydration.

The doctors are convinced it is the weed (of course) so I am still going to go through with trying to quit, I might just switch to smoking once every day or two and see if cutting it back even slower makes it a bit easier on the symptoms.

EDIT: The quitting is slightly time sensitive as I have to be clean before I return to my gastrologist and surgeon otherwise they won't scope me because they still think the original symptoms were caused by the weed. No matter how much I tell them I have never touched any other drugs or even weed before this year =/

7. I experienced the normal restless sleep and loss of appetite. But the weirdest thing I experienced is nightmares about me smoking weed. I quit for a drug test so I'll wake up in the middle of the night and be like fuckkkkk I'm screwed, but then I realize it was all a dream lol. Besides that I'm just very irritable and impatient