Tips for increasing THC content in your plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NewSalvia, Feb 28, 2005.

1. I thought you unsubscribed?? When you post something and call it a fact... then go after me because I say it doesnt work, calling me a "know it all" and you continue to argue, while not stating any real facts... all your doing is screwing up the thread with your bad info.

And read back to my first post on this thread. I gave my advice and what I know works. If you want to see some pics... click on my link below and you'll get to see tons of my pics. I've been doing this for way too long to have a closet grower with 2 screwed up plants, try and challenge me and insult me by calling me a know it all. So just head back to the Bong section, so you can talk about what you know, because growing just doesnt seem to be your thing. Your too set in your in your ways, and too stubborn to even realize what your doing doesnt not work. So good luck to you.

2. looks @ postcount... walks away laughing. :bongin:good day sir:devious:

3. Come on man.... just stop while your ahead. If Youtube is your credible source for growing information... then your a lot worse then what I thought.

If its not a controlled experiment with a side by side comparison of numerous plants, done by a non-bias person..... then its not worth even looking at. Anyone can make a claim on put it on youtube.... but there is a reason why when your looking through a High Times, Skunk, Treating Yourself, etc magazines... you never see big crops with knives stuck through the stocks, or mutilated plants.

It just doesnt work buddy. Dozen of people of experimented with this already. Plants pack on the highest amount of trichomes during the last 2 weeks anyway. Some people jam a stick through there plants and see further trichome production and think the stick is what did it. But in reality.. its just the plant doing what it does naturally, without having to be mutilated. So get over it...If your going to post a link and act cocky about it... at least post a credible link. Not some Crocodile Hunter sounding dude, jamming a butcher knive through a plant.

4. #105 percul8r615, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    show me your jungle...id love to see.
    Edit: I checked out your pics and i like what you got goin on, but unless you have a good attitude, then your knowledge is just simply arrogance.

5. I have a great attitude... just not towards people who take shots at me, like you did in the beginning. I came to this site to help people and hopefully learn something myself... and I can tell who the people are who are willing to learn... and who the ones are that are not.

You have to have an open mind with growing. Your gonna hear a ton of different stuff out there and its up to the grower to shift through what is BS, what is just marketing and dig deep to find the facts. If someone tells you to do a certain technique... then by all means... give a shot if it makes sense to you.... or you can read more about it. And when I say read more, I dont mean to read more on forums... or youtube... or anything along those lines. Ed Rosenthal is a dude thats been around for quite some time... DJ Short is another great grower and breeder... If you want to know about something, at least use a good source to get your info from. Look up US Agricultural studies, that have real teams, of real scientist actually doing scientific testing on this stuff. Stop doing Google searches for "How to grow marijuana" and start doing good searches for Agricultural Tomato plant studies... And instead of digging through Hydroponic websites that usually target marijuana growers... look at what the big dogs in the agricultural industry are looking at. For instance.. .here's a link I have open on another tab of my browser.

BiOWiSH

Just dont get too set in your ways.... or should I say.. set in other peoples ways. Its not good for you and its not good for all of the people you pass the information onto. I have a great attitude, but to those willing to listen. And I as well will listen, as long as the person on the other end isnt calling theory, facts... and can back up any crazy claims they make. Because I wont make a claim unless I can back it up.

6. #107 pointswest, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011

You are the perfect example of the fact that a high number of post counts do not reflect the knowledge and competence of the poster. Elite Nugs is obliviously a master grower with growing skills light years ahead of your skill and ability. Your advice certainly does not belong in the advanced growing sections.

If you are going to brag about your giant plants and large donkey dicks, post them up, not some stunted, struggling plant with micro buds.

PW

7. Ive beat down some plants in my time but i dont think it had any effect of the resin production..it deffinitly strengthens the plant and is usually done to let the lower branches grow faster so you can get a nice even canopy with multiple tops...but ive never seen resin grow where it was bent cut or whatever...if anything imo it would stop resin production so the plant can produce the hormones it needs to heal it..the spot gets hard and white..everything below the damage grows faster...

8. Absolute bullshit...it deffinitly does not improve resin production...it will strengthen the stem though..theres so much bullshit out there you really need fly fishing gear to wade through it...there are some strains that produce shitloads of resin and there are some that dont..id say genetics is the main factor..but also indoor will have more resin because theyre alot more protected than outside...the stickiest ickiest ones probably had hash plant bred into em at some point...if you want a really resiny strain go for hashplants.
    I grew some snowcap that was resiny as all hell...white widow is another...but some plants just dont produce alot

9. If you guys want some really resinous strains... buy your seeds from TGA Subcool. As a breeder he is known for high potency, very fruity and tasty genetics and most of all.. very resinous plants. With his stuff... even the main stocks frost up.

10. Hell yeah subs got sick genetics....space bomb..vortex...the flav..apollo and many more awsome strains...all bomb..

11. Other than wat we stated earlier this thread is bull spit

12. [quote name='"percul8r615"']show me your jungle...id love to see.
    Edit: I checked out your pics and i like what you got goin on, but unless you have a good attitude, then your knowledge is just simply arrogance.[/quote]

Don't go around judging people about there post count. I almost did that to elite and got schooled...hard. But seriously until we see some definitive evidence that this works, I'll stick to trying to cause the least amount or stress

13. sorry dude, but i am with elite on this 1.

The trick is to not believe everything you read.

14. Wow i just wasted three pages of my life to reading this playground squabble bs ... save your mind, save ur time, save ur breath... no point arguing, speak you piece n tha truth will stand for itself ~ PeAcE!!!

15. Ditto for 5jperday's comment... love to see ur scrog, been fightin with a new found paatna on implimeting that... got four months left tho on this place n could use the advice... I'm on my own after this =]

16. Uv lights increase resin production I've heard. Start with a quality strain

17. by drying out... you have to bring your humidity on the grow down..
    dry air causes more thc.. not starving the plant for water.. a dehumifier works well..
    It does work.. :D

18. damn good points across the board elite. being someone who really would like to take in all of the knowledge i can in order to better my skills as a ganja farmer, its nice to see people be serious about what theyre doing, at least enough to the point where youre willing to help others. and yes a close minded person set in their ways will not further educate themselves, they will only further analyze old thoughts and theories