Tips for increasing THC content in your plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NewSalvia, Feb 28, 2005.

1. LOLZ. This is an old wives tale. Hopefully in a couple years you'll realize how dumb this is. ANY stress you cause to your plant will slow it's growth, now if you can show me a side by side comparison of two of the same clones and the one you poked growing twice as fast then I am all for it. But I doubt I'll see that. Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no magic in stressing your plant.

2. I can see where the actual pictures I referenced would confuse you as well as the linked scientific article. Has nothing to do with stressing, but thanks for your non-contribution.

3. I missed your post until I just read back.... But are you talking about electrocuting plants??

I've heard about this years ago, and seen people doing experiments by running electricity through water that the roots were in. Out of all the testing, I never seen anything really worth getting excited about, but I dont know much at all about the subject. Do you have any links to credible information on this?? Not any links to other forums though.. but links to actual scientific experiments?? I saw one of your links... but it was just a link to another forum. That type of information is really no good, in my opinion.

4. The link was good as that was my personal experiment. The 'electrocution' part was my twisted humor. The current and voltage is extremely low. It is about changing the ions of minerals at the molecular level and making them more bio-available, not about stressing.

I think everyone here can buy a 9V battery or get a 12V walwart and try a few plants in 4-6 dixie cups to compare with my results. Only take 3-4 weeks, a CFL and a tiny space to see if further experimentation is in order.

On a separate note, mushrooms fruit like crazy in areas struck by lightning.

5. Stick a bamboo skewer
    Threw the base of the stem 2 weeks from the chop, it increases resins for a fact, I did a side by side

6. Unfortunately, doing only one plant, next to another, doesnt really prove anything. The one you stuck the skewer through could have been healthier... could have had a strong root base... could have been further from the light..... could have had more leaves to process more sugars.... the list goes on. To prove something, a test has to be done in larger number with fewer variables.

Do you have any pics?? Before and after?? Im curious to see them.

I grow entire tables full of the same strain... and even though they are identical clones... some develop better then others. Some will give me huge buds, while others give me medium sized buds... some produce more trichomes then others. So taking 2 plants.. ramming a stick through one of them and coming to a conclusion calling something a fact... is a little hard to comprehend.

How many times have you done this??

7. So what do you do?? Take a dc current and put a negative and a positive in the water and let it go till the battery dies??

8. This is for soil or soiless mix, not for hydro.

9. #89 percul8r615, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    They're asleep right
    Now, I'll post pics when the lights cut on

Ps: try not to sound like a know it all, because you don't know it all. I learned this method
    From an experienced outdoor grower that was harvesting pounds since before either of us were born. The plant, already being two weeks from harvest senses it's life coming to an end. If you stress the plant toward the end of it's growth cycle than it will skip the step to repair itself, and instead it will pump out more resin to try and protect it flowers from oncoming threats.

10. Okay... now this is getting sketchy. So your trying to pass electricity through soil...???

Electricity takes the path of least resistance. If the resistance is too high, and the voltage/amps too low (a 9 volt batter)... then nothing happens. So without a connection between the negative side and the positive side of the battery... your really not doing anything. The chances that a 9 volt battery is going to be strong enough to pass its current through soil.. it pretty slim. Maybe if you put the 2 probes an inch away from each other... they MIGHT connect, but I doubt that. And if they do connect... all there going to do is warm up your soil. If its not warming up, then there's no connection being made, and nothing is really happening.

Besides warming up your root zone, and maybe cooking a couple roots in the process, I dont understand how this can be effective. If you want minerals to be more "bio-available" all you have to do it add beneficial bacteria to your soil and there you go.... more Bio-Available they will become.

This is a cool idea and all.... but can you send any links to support this?? I'd like to read more on it. Sounds interesting, but doesnt make sense to me. The talk of ion's, protons, neutrons, etc... is beyond the scope of most growers.... but Im willing to put my reading glasses on to learn more about this?? Is it just a crazy idea that you saw somewhere, or is it really backed up by science?? Because people have been producing crops for quite some time now and there have been a lot of studies and testing done. What works has stuck, while all other claims only live further on forums like this. US Agriculture studies have been done on all types of craziness.

11. I didnt say I knew it all. I have many years under my belt, of indoor and outdoor growing, but I dont know it all. And what makes you think you know my age?? Harvesting pounds outside, is like a person bragging about being able to walk backwards. Its really not that hard with the sun on your side.

PS... a plant doesnt sense its life coming to an end. Whether I stab a plant in veg, or I stab a plant after the plant is harvested... the plant is going to try and repair itself as long as it keeps getting water, food, o2, co2 and light.

I had a plant on the side of my house. I grew it through summer and it budded by October. I picked the big buds off and left everything else. My sprinklers kept the plant watered and it went through the rest of fall, through winter and through spring and regenerated in summer and I grew that sucker again. Whatever nutrients it found, it found in the ground, because I didnt feed it. I left it to die.... but it didnt thanks to my sprinklers. Same thing happens in nature... as long as the water source doesnt dry up. How do you think there are 30 foot tree's of wild cannabis growing in other countries?? The plants regenerate each year and get bigger and bigger. If plants were programed to die... then you wouldnt be able to regenerate them. Your crazy idea about a plant not repairing itself, just because you plan to harvest it in a couple weeks is just crazy. Do you hear yourself?? Thats crazy man.

If your plant doesnt repair its wounds, then that means your plant is dead buddy. Its actually pretty simple.

And lastly... I didnt ask to see pics of your current plants. You said you did a side by side comparison. Usually when people do a side by side comparison like that, they will take a picture or two to show their results. So Im starting to think your just BSing.

12. Damn am I with elite nugs on this one and boy have I heard some shyt on this thread. Bending, toping, wounding, only stop plant slows upper plant growth by transferring auxin to lower "tops". Auxin is one of the three main growth chemicals or hormone if you will, found in mj. It plays the largest factor in flower growth and cell division. This is good if your trying to go banzi and have multiple tops, which is what I do to eliminate the popcorn, but defiantly not in flowering only in veg. And as for this bull spit of of cutting the tips off of leaves, it only slows transpiration. And in my mind that means no uptake and that means slower flower production. Not sure why any one would want to restrict something they want to grow like a wild fire. I wouldn't cut anything off unless it was 50% dead or more. The plant will decide what it doesn't want. Cutting off healthy growth for light, resin production etc is nuts if the plant didn't want it it wouldn't of grown it in the first place. As a test for your self take two branches from the same plant and take all the fan leafs except for the top ones off or cut them in half or what ever, then take the other branch and leave it alone completely. Give it a week and see which one grows faster. Better yet stop reading the forums and start reading a book. Ed Rosenthal or mel Frank George Cervantes<--spelling, is a good place to start.

13. This is a lemon og/ blue dream clone.You can see where i pierced this one twice, I did this one in early veg just to stress and make my stem nice and firm for buds, I'll skewer again the end of November before i chop, my iPhone cam is shitty, I'll try and get my roommates nikon here in a bit for the closeups

Attached Files:

14. This is one of the most useless threads on increasing potency, and is filled with misinformation and outright useless knowledge for growing a good crop. Grow a healthy plant and the results speak for themselves. Stressing plants only result in less than expected results.

PW

15. Im sorry man... Im not even sure why Im spending my time going back and forth with you. You obviously have no clue as to what your doing. Leaves all chopped in half... your just a little plant destroyer. So have fun with all that... but you really shouldnt be in the advanced section of this site.

And by the way... since I think I know it all.... The only time its good to cut leaves in half like that is during the cloning process, to reduce transpiration rates. But cutting the leaves even then isnt nessesary, but will help to increase how fast the clone roots.

Cutting your leaves in half during flowering is like trying to run a race, but chopping your legs in half first. Or trying to race a quarter mile, but first taking half of the pistons out of your cars engine. Did the guy that was growing pounds outdoors before I was even born, tell you to do that one too?? Your polluting this thread with bad information.

16. Ha that is 1 clone dude, it's a side experiment

17. #97 percul8r615, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    There's more than 1 method to do things homie, your just blatantly disrespectful, I'll go hang in some real threads.. Unsubbed

18. Agreed.... People like percul8r615 are throwing out crazy information, and for the people that dont know any better, they believe the craziness. This is how forums get polluted with bad information. Then before you know it, half of the forum is following suit.

19. Dude your so arrogant, it's
    Pathetic. This is a tip thread, I post a personal tip of mine that works for me. If you don't like it than don't use it, but don't act like a douche. I haven't seen you post any pics or beneficial advice for
    That matter ..

20. Yeah... there's more then one method of destroying your plants for no reason and you seem to have them all mastered. Thanks for unsubscribing... you'll save me some time, from fighting off your bad info, and further driving this thread into the dirt. Head back to the Chill Zone, where you can talk about the 6 pack you bought and your bong. Thats where you should stay....