Tips for getting rid of belly fat?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Helikaon, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Diet & exercise my fellow blade. If you want a butt ton of information on how to achieve your goal check out bodybuilding.com ...VERY informative

2. If you really wanna get rid of belly fat then I suggest bellydancing..think i'm crazy?..try it.

3. I'd also suggest joining a forum based on this stuff like bodybuilding.com, can be helpful to have a bit of support (just stay away from the teens section!) :p

4. Smoke a Joint and workout.

5. Diet and exercise is always the answer. We need to start collaborating on some basic guide threads for things like strength training, size training, fat loss, nutrition, etc. I see the same questions every week.

6. The best way is to lose fat and building muscle. You need to have a menu with low carbs and low fat protein. Some healthy side dishes with these will be helpful to provide required n=minerals. And don't forget to do exercises.

7. That is right. In many articles of how to get a six pack fast they say this. But the truth is if you don't have healthy and appropriate meals you can't get six pack.

8. I personally think it's all about your carb intake. Cut your carbs, up your cardio and you are GUARANTEED to shed body fat. Just stay hydrated, take your vitamins, etc :hello:

9. The cardio above will do good to strengthen your heart, but it will only hurt your gains if you are trying to bulk and you can't eat enough to overcome all the cardio and lifting.

Also, you can't lose fat while you're gaining muscle. So you need to go on interval training; ie. bulk, cut, bulk, cut.

10. Not necessarily. Once you get to a certain size, 12% BF, cutting too much will make you retain fat, unless you do it in short bursts.

If you are obese, you could just cut about 800 calories a day for a few months, and lose fat fairly easily.

11. Alcohol was my problem with being fat. No matter how I dieted I couldn't lose weight, until I stopped drinking. I lost 30 lbs in a little over 3.5 months....

12. Well in the case of obesity I think either cutting calories or cutting carbs will be equally effective. When you get down to a low bf% then yeah, each calorie counts, but for someone just starting a workout routine, cutting carbs will work greatly to their advantage

13. If you cut carbs but replace those calories with fat calories, you won't do a thing.

You have to cut calories, it doesn't really matter where from.

14. I don't know man, I have a feeling for a beginner, a 300 calorie chicken breast is a lot easier to burn off than a 300 calorie piece of candy

15. You're wrong if that's all he ate.

A 300 calorie piece of candy will metabolize quicker though, making him more likely to eat more than 300 calories of sugar if that's what he chooses to eat. It all comes back to calories.

As well, protein takes more calories to metabolize than anything else. So a 300 calorie chicken breast is really more like 290 calories.

16. Closer to 225

17. You're a body builder, and your max bench is your body weight?

18. Bodybuilder=Someone who stretches and contracts their muscles against greater and greater resistance in order to stimulate muscle growth.

Weightlifter=someone who moves the most amount of weight possible.

To a real bodybuilder, a number is only significant in it's relativity to other amounts of weight.

19. Damn straight. Bodybuilders are about the physique. Heavy weights don't necessarily sculpt your body to perfection