Tips for fertilising

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Suspended, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Hello there, I'm looking to grow within the near future and am in need of some advice. I've never been a huge fan or chemical/artificial fertilisers and was hoping the fine people at GC's Organic section could give me a hand. I'm looking for some cheap, effective ferts (if I could find it in the garden that would be great), I have about a month or so of prep-time before I proceed to germinate. On a limited budget but any and all help is appreciated. :)

2. [FONT=&quot]Keeping in mind the vital role played by agrochemicals, all regulated aspects and safety measures are to be adopted for the users, consumers and the environment. Advertisements should contain usage information, visual presentation and composition structure in particular for safety. Used for quantity and quality production, agrochemicals to great extents help in controlling insects, diseases, fungi, weeds and other undesirable pests. In fact the industry is presently coming up with more ecological, user friendly and safe products to be used by the farmers. [/FONT]

3. Thanks, allvira, I'll keep that in mind :) Still the problem remains of cost. Also, it's probably the idea more than the taste, but a nice, all natural, grown bud smokes/tastes/smells so much better than a lot of other strains out there grown with artificial additives. That's just my opinion, though.

I forgot to add in my first post, Happy Four-Twenty to everyone!

4. Can´t beat horseshit, IMHO.

5. What's the quickest process to make it plant compatible?
    I do have some horses close by, but I don't want to walk about a field with a bagful of horseshit if I'm going to have to leave it lying about for a few months before it's any use.

6. The best way is to fill the bottom of your hole with manure and let the plants roots grow down to it.You don't have to wait months for it to compost,the only chance of burning the plants is from the heat generated by the composting process itself,which i have never had problems with.

Later on you can also use it as a top dressing so the nutrients will wash down into the hole.I spread some fresh horse manure around my mothers flower garden a few weeks ago and the growth is incredible,no signs of burning at all.

7. Thanks, Afghan, this has been a huge help :) I guess I'm off for a walk across the fields tomorrow!