Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for depression with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Idahopotato123, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Hi, i have a heavy depression and weed dosent make me happy "anymore" its complicated but what are the things i can do for being happy on weed, please all help is apreciated

2. Its most likely due to isolation but i cant control that and like i said its a long story, but any tips are helpfull, only serious answers please :)

3. Smoke a different strain. Look up what strains are best for depression.

Take a break from it to lower your tolerance.

Idk...just a couple ideas...

• Like Like x 4
  4. When you smoke you can play your childhood video games(if any) or perhaps read some of the children books which you loved back then.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smoking to much CAN'T help man, seriously, you smoke joint or bong?

Weed affect so many fonction in the brain man, really I know what I say. Search cannabis psychosis.

Weed is good IF WELL USED, the best thing for you I think is to reduce lot of your consomation,
    Try to don't think "weed" it isn't easy but really man you need that, eat lot of fruit and vitamin, it help little.

Try to see a good psy, maybe not for medication but sometimes speaking with somebody is good. I don't know you but I'm sure you want a better life and you merit this better life.

6. Exercise more bro .
    I like hitting th gym then smoking afterwards . My mind and body feel good. Also get baked and listen to music. Uhm growing has really helped me to enjoy weed more too, so try something new maybe .

• Like Like x 3
  7. You could always get the hell out of Idaho :confused_2: I feel safe assuming that you're from the 208 like me.

As an Idahoan myself, opportunities are quite limited. I'm here ATM but moved to Missoula and it was like a breath of fresh air.

8. Talk to friends. Depression is a sickness of one.

• Like Like x 3
  9. We need some more info, are you on any antidepressants? If so what type? Weed and SSRIs don't tend to have a bad interaction, but with MAOIs I would be very careful.

Some strains are very good for depression, others not so much. Just picked up some Golden Pineapple earlier which is well known for being beneficial in this area.

That said, if herb in general is worsening your illness, kicking it for the time being might be necessary. A lot of the responses ITT were very lazy and dumb.

Source: I went through a wicked depression/anxiety spell (turned out to be OCD) in 2008, have taken Zoloft ever since and mj has helped me, more often than not, but there were times I took 2 or 3 months off when it was having an adverse effect.

You might want to do the same.

10. #12 OrganicSamurai, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    No offense man, but I think it its pretty idiotic to call people's comments dumb and lazy when you are coming along recommending SSRI's.......... I consider that to be the laziest and dumbest option by far ( I mean no offense to anyone this is working for ) ....... Not to try and attack you on this I just know many people who have experience with them ( and in the long run they are not better off ) I don't understand why you would recommend something with a black box warning......Especially not knowing their situation ( especially when you admitted you didn't in your post ). Im not saying it wont' work for people I just know if you were to ask anyone I know who takes it they would tell you it is not the best option and most certainly not one they would recommend.. On top of that the manufacturers of this fine product willingly admit that once you are on these medications their is a high possibility you will need them for the rest of your life... Because SSRI's replaces the Serotonin your body produces.... Don't want to get into a SSRI debate, but I feel you should seriously do some reading before considering that as an option. Futhermore, your recommending him to stop SSRI's if he is taking them? You know that is a terrible idea right? Doctors will prescribe patients to slowly dose down over weeks and months to slowly come off them....Stopping medications like SSRI's with no weaning off can have devastating effects.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dont use weed as a answer take it and experience and try see things differently that made you depressed

• Like Like x 2
  12. Eating well and working out is one of the best cures for depression. Get a sweat on and finish with a Sirloin and sweet potatoes and you'll feel on top of he world!

• Like Like x 2
  13. So, do I understand this right... you are depressed, you used weed to be happy, it worked for some time but now it doesn't anymore and you want weed to make U happy again?

Deal with your depression obvsly

We can't help you with that most advise you'll get here can be really contraproductive depending on your case, especially with so little information.

14. I hate when depressed people smoke weed that could have been smoked by normal people.

15. Daily mail or not the fact marijuana abuse CAN cause depression or increase it. Not for all users anyway it's called difference.

Have you better help for this member?

16. I'm isolated and weed has always helped me without fail. If anything, I. Feel depressed without it. And I've been a smoker for 6 years or so.

I mean you can't solely rely on weed to be a fix all problem either per se. Sometimes you have to want to be better too.

It could also be a problem with the certain strain you're smoking. Some are simply better at treating certain problems than others