Tips and feedback

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by beginner_grower2, Nov 28, 2017.

1. The plants were planted on the 12th of November under a 320w quantum board. I introduced fertilisers to the plants on the 18th of November. What do you guys think? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. When do you plan on transplanting? That's some pretty small containers for 4 plants. Is there an external resevoir or something?

3. There's an external resevoir which feeds water to the 4 plants.. I didn't plan on transplanting, do you think it's necessary? These are 8.5 litre pots which is about 2.25 gallons..

4. I think your going to be extremely root bound by time you switch to flower

5. So do you think I should switch to 4 gallon pots in order for the root system to get stronger? How much difference should this make to the yield?

6. Depends how big you want to veg your plant.

How much space and height do you have

How many plants do you want to grow. What kind of lights are you using

7. The way you have used the pots, they are only half this size you quote because they are only half full. If you don't transplant, definitely transplant them back into the same pots but filled in the bottom so the roots can grow into the extra space

8. Yes, I was just going to do that. However I can buy bigger pots which fit the system which is what I will probably do.

9. That actually sounds good, I assume the larger pots must be taller? since they can't be much wider and fit the system. Cannabis likes to send roots down-down-down, so it's probably the smart move.

10. The height is 1.8 metre (6 foot) and I'm growing only four in the tent. The fifth one I'm going to take outside soon. My goal is basically to get as much bud as possible as I'm growing critical + 2.0 autoflowering seeds. I'm using a quantum board 320w light

11. What's in your pots for soil/mix ?

12. Yeah exactly it is a similar width at the base but it widens out as it goes up.

13. Clay pebbles at bottom then a 50-50 coco-pertlite mixture

14. I don't know man, they say to start autos in their final container because autos stress easier. Your going to have to make that call and do your research.

I'd probably use Dwc or fabric pots to let their roots have room to grow

Like 5 gal..

15. Love love love this strain
    Never done autos, Dinafem crit+2.0 top marks!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. i was always told not to transplant autos, so i never would. i decided to try it once and honestly it turned out to be the best auto i've ever grown. just be careful, it'll be fine.

first photoperiod grow

17. uh didn't spot the auto part :/
    It's a tough call then. They only have limited grow time, so if you disturb them and they take a week to recover, that's a week less veg time.
    If you can tip out the grow medium without disturbing it then it would be worth it, but if you would have to dig up the plants and disturb the roots I would be inclined to leave it and just take the hit.
    coco/perlite is cheap, so next time fill the pots! Root space is basically everything (except for everything else)

18. I am thinking of transplanting it.. however over the last couple of days the leaves have been yellowing somewhat.. not sure if they are being over watered..