Tip your driver

Discussion in 'General' started by Nizbomb, Feb 1, 2012.

1. If you're going to be lazy enough to get some food delivered to you, I think the least thing you can do is tip the goddamn driver. I mean they haul ass trying to get you your food, and their pay is mostly based off tips. So show a little human decency and tip your driver if he arrives with your food on time. Otherwise your just asking for them to fuck with your food next time (not that they will, but you don't know that). Shit, you never know. And it's not like we're asking for much here. $3-5 is fine. a hit off a bong will suffice if you don't want to tip.

If they're late...fuck a tip, unless it's a reasonable delay.

-a mad delivery driver.

edit: obviously some people are getting food delivered for different reasons than being lazy. You should still tip regardless of your reasons

2. I've never once smoked up a delivery guy. Most the pizza delivery places here in Knoxville employ older people.....kinda weird. Maybe I should try next time I order. I KNOW they can smell it.

3. agreed, I had a friend who ordered pizza for us and he closed the door in the guys face without tipping and ran upstairs laughing saying "i never tip those mother fuckers"

it disturbed me that he was so pleased with himself that he fucked over someone else.
    but its ok that dudes a fucking ass hole and i have since stopped hanging out with him

4. OHhhhhh yea we can. It's fuckin' halarious too. They sit there and try to act all calm and not high. Sometimes I'll say something about it if they're around my age.. Still haven't been smoked up yet.... maybe one day

5. I feel so bad for delivery drivers who get shafted. Your spending your own gas to get there, just so the customer can sit on their ass. I would offer a hit of something if weed wasnt considered the devil in my house haha

6. If the driver put it out there that he smoked i would for sure smoke him up right then. Then tell him I want on the free cheese sticks when you see my address plan.

7. Some delivery drivers get reimbursed for gas. Some don't. But there still is the wear and tear on your car.

8. papers or a blunt > tip for a driver who is probably giving me cold, soggy food

no thanks :smoke:

9. I ALWAYS tip the driver $5.00. It ain't his fault he has a shitty job. At least thats the way I look at it.

10. Well order something cold and dry.

11. Not tipping any delivery driver is unheard of in these parts of Jersey...they make bank at most pizza places

12. Maybe the driver should be pissed at the place they work at for giving them shit pay and not paying for gas.

Which they also probably knew before they took the job.

Not pissed at the customer for paying the bill they were given.

This "expected tip" shit pisses me off.

Sure if you have a few extra buck why not but feeling like you have to pay more? Fucked up imo.

13. I dont tip anyone, including waiter's unless they provide exceptional service. In my state driver's and waiter's make atleast minimum wages, why should my money go straight too this person's pocket? I am paying for GOOD's and I expect the company recieving my payment for good's too pay their employee's who provide SERVICE....

Seriously dude if you dont make enough money, you've got a crappy job and it's time too re-think making bank off your "hard" work of driving around on your ass in a car and carrying some pizza....

14. #14 Nizbomb, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    I assume you've never had a job that depended heavily on tips.
    people with your opinion really piss me off.
    I might move to Jersey, because here, a none tipper happens at least twice a night.
    In your state, I see it perfectly reasonable not to tip then. But for most of us, we're making about $2-4 an hour, so we really depend on tips.

15. pizza drivers aren't working minimum wage.
    fuck, their service isn't that difficult, I've worked plenty of places were you aren't even allowed tips for minimum wage. They have it fairly good. especially when you deliver to, say, 4-5 houses in an hour. most people tip, probably two bucks or more depending on generosity. that's quite a bit over minimum wage.
    they could have it way worse.

16. nizzbomb, your posts have so much animosity. :( you should be happy sir.

and for the record, I always over-tip my delivery person. :)

17. Pizza delivery drivers aren't the only delivery drivers out there, man. And yes, where i'm from, they do get paid less than minimum wage.

If you're getting food delivered to your house and you know that the driver makes less than minimum wage, I think it's pretty messed up not to tip them. And they all know my job makes less than min wage. It says it on the website before you place your order.

18. Usually I don't get delivery, I rather go get it instead of paying for for it + the delivery fee + tip. But when I do, I'll tip em decently

EDIT: I also hate the "required" tip at restaurants. 15% my ass

19. #19 Nizbomb, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    My name suggests a certain amount of rage, so i feel obligated to post highly controversial subjects. I also enjoy ranting and arguing with people.
    I'm a very pessimistic person. I'm trying to work on it a little, just not here on GC

you're a good person for tipping. You're an even better person for over tipping.

20. There you go. If you don't want to tip, don't get fuckin' delivery. Can't make anymore sense than that.