Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tip for everyone Sorry if youve heard this before...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by puffpuffhold420, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Ok so this is literally for every toker - whether you're seasoned or literally bought your shit an hour ago.

If you have an issue with choking on the dank tank, this should help with that! Firstly let me just say what this is about...I'm a relatively seasoned toker and I still manage to choke when the stuff is too dank. Don't get me wrong, I loooove that dank stuff! But damn if it doesn't get smokey reaaaal quick. After an inhale (no matter if you use a bong, spoon bowl, acrylic, glass or metal) sometimes every once in awhile i get choked up, ending up choking so hard I puke sometimes, and completely wasting a good nugget.

I've figured out a decent idea (I think but I am only one person) to help keep those unwanted choking episodes from being continuous...because let's face it, when the weed is killer, it could become a killer for your lungs anyway. First off, there are a billion different ways to help with this and most of them are not obvious which is good if you still live with your parents OR your cranky roommate who just doesn't like that lovely pine smell in your side of the apartment.

Here is the tip: go buy a couple of bags of cough drops (doesn't matter if it's name brand or store) and yes I know they taste shitty but you'll be better off trust me. Take a drop and stick it in your lower lip or jaw and begin to move it around your mouth 'til you can feel a menthol/minty/numbness and you can feel it on your throat.

Then ready the bong/pipe/bowl/weapon of choice and inhale like you normally would. It should not make you cough but because weed makes your throat dry, there are other ways to prevent this too.

You can always level up the water you drink everyday. Plain water (no powders or flavoring) will keep you hydrated so that you may never cough or choke. When you're in need of a quick fix, Gatorade or Powerade is the optimal drink in the situation. Sometimes drinking a small glass of water before smokin up helps but for me, I always try to rely on the cough drops. They work better for me because I'm chronically dehydrated and my parents don't care if I smoke but it's still not a comfortable subject.

Anyways I hope this helps someone out there. All I know is that choking on the best MJ you've ever had is wasteful and sometimes painful. Remember to take care of your throat - you only have one to smoke Doobey Snacks with.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Or you could take smaller hits with big breaths of fresh air.

Get some of these, they're delicious :smoking: 

[​IMG]

Granted that's because they're basically candy. If you need the menthol effect than ignore me. 

I've found just suppressing the urge to cough while I take slow, small sips of water helps a lot. 

4. Oh man yeah the Ludens drops are excellent! The only reason I recommended the menthol is because I used to be a heavy menthol cig smoker and they tend to be a lot smoother than even regular tobacco.

5. Tbh I enjoy when I cough like a bitch after taking a hit. Means I went past my lungs capacity and it gets me really high

6. I like to taste my dank thank you  :smoke: , and generally the danker it is.. the smoother it is, except for some afghani strains.

7. I jus chug down some cold ass sprite or orange juice after a huge bong hit. The sprite is lice clr and the orange juice cools your throat while the pulp helps open it up.